The Norwegian on-demand online television channel is only available for those streamers that possess a Norwegian IP address. Try to access the service without it and you’ll be welcomed with the following message:
“Video not available in country.”
What should you do to circumvent this restriction? Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) — software that hides your actual IP address and transports you to almost any location in the world. Through the encrypted tunnel that your VPN provider sets up, you can reliably obtain a Norwegian IP address with a stable internet connection.
By connecting to a VPN server in Norway, you will be assigned a local IP address. Streaming websites such as Viafree.no and others like BBC iPlayer will see the address and assume you’re physically in the Scandinavian country.
If you don’t want to read the rest of the article, here’s our quick summary of the best VPNs to access Viafree.no:
Best VPNs for watching Viafree.no
- ExpressVPN: Our top choice for Viafree.no due to its speed, reliability, and impressive ability to unblock geo-restricted content. 24/7 customer support and ultra-secure privacy.
- NordVPN: Hosts lots of servers in Norway and has a network of 5,000 across the globe. Great features bundled into a budget price.
- CyberGhost: Ranks as one of the fastest VPNs on this list. Solid network of servers in Norway and seven simultaneous connections allowed.
- Surfshark: Connect an unlimited number of devices with one account. Tops it up with solid unblocking capabilities.
- IPVanish: Top-notch privacy makes for a virtually uncrackable VPN. Tops it up with a policy to allow 10 devices to connect with one account.
- PrivateVPN: Underrated performer that punches above its weight. Well-established ability to stream geo-restricted media and allows anonymous signups.
While VPNs are prevalent all across the internet, don’t make the mistake of placing them all in the same basket. Our recommendation of the top 5 VPNs to stream Viafree.no hinges on the following factors:
Criteria for selecting the best VPNs to watch Viafree.no
- Does a good job of unblocking geo-restricted media streams
- Offers a large number servers in Norway
- Supports HD video
- Strong privacy and encryption features
- Available customer support
Best VPNs for Viafree.no
Here’s our list of the best Viafree.no VPNs:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN is our top choice to stream Viafree.no from anywhere. The provider has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries — Norway is included in the list. We tested three Norwegian locations and all of them handled Viafree.no without any problems.
ExpressVPN is able to help you to access many more streaming services including Netflix US, UK, and Canada, Amazon Prime Video, and more. Speeds are excellent — HD streaming is a breeze.
Privacy features are top-notch. This provider secures all traffic with 256-bit AES encryption, includes DNS and IPv6 leak protection, an internet kill switch, as well as split tunnelling. It doesn’t store user-specific data logs.
Customer support is available round the clock via online mediums. A single account allows access to three connections at a time. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- Unblocks Viafree.no as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- Best in class security and privacy
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- 24/7 customer support via live chat
- Doesn’t keep any identifying logs
- Kill switch on the desktop if your connection drops
- Only three simultaneous connections allowed
BEST VPN FOR VIAFREE.NO:ExpressVPN is our top pick. It guarantees you a fast, stable connection to stream Viafree.no from anywhere in the world. Try it risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here’s our review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN hosts a gigantic server network which 5,000 locations across 60 countries. Norway hosts 64 servers so you’re pretty much guaranteed a Norwegian IP address whenever you click connect.
NordVPN streams high definition video without breaking a sweat. You’re allowed to select servers for specific tasks, and other than Viafree.no, it’ll easily circumvent restrictions on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video, too.
NordVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and an internet kill switch. It’s also well-known for the fact that it rigidly adheres to a ‘no-logs’ policy.
Apps for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS are available. One paid account allows for six devices to connect simultaneously, and there’s 24/7 live chat support if anything goes amiss.
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption for great privacy
- Unblocks Viafree.no, Netflix US, UK, and others
- Great-value option for torrenting and streaming
- Customer service available via 24/7 live chat
- Desktop app can be a little clunky to set up and use
BEST BUDGET OFFER:NordVPN comes with all the bells and whistles of a modern-day VPN at a price that’s extremely affordable. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of NordVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has 30 servers in Norway and offers over 3,700 more across the world with locations in a further 58 countries. CyberGhost is known for its blazing fast speeds, strong encryption, and intuitive design. It’ll do the job of unblocking Viafree.no easily.
It’s able to unblock services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. You can expect unlimited bandwidth and use of the 256-bit AES encryption protocol. Further security features include DNS leak protection, an internet kill switch, anti-malware defense, and an ad-blocker.
You’ll find apps for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. A single account allows for seven simultaneous connections so you’re able to share with friends and family. Customer support is available 24/7.
- Offers 24/7 live chat
- Operates a network of more than 3,787 servers in 60 countries
- Some of the fastest servers we’ve tested
- Top choice for streaming and works well with Viafree.no
- Lack of configuration options will frustrate power users
CONSISTENT ALL-ROUNDER:CyberGhost has an extremely simple interface making it ideal for beginner users. Plenty of servers in Norway make it an easy task to stream Viafree.no. Try it with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark’s recently emerged as a serious contender in the VPN industry due to its low cost, excellent unblocking capabilities, and premium speeds.
It currently has over 800 servers in 50 countries, with Norway included in the list. This provider offers unlimited data streaming, no bandwidth restrictions, as well as a robust ‘no-logs’ policy so you’ll be safe and secure on the web. What’s more, Surfshark allows an unlimited number of devices to connect with one plan.
Military-grade encryption, perfect forward secrecy, an internet kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection are all included. Additional features include split tunneling, ad and malware blockers, multihop servers, and traffic obfuscation.
Apps are available for MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Unblocks several geo-restricted streams, including Viafree.no and Netflix
- Automatic wifi protection
- Kill switch included
- Offers a fast, reliable service
- Server network is relatively small compared to many competitors
GETS THE JOB DONE:Surfshark will meet all your streaming needs. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of Surfshark.
Money-back guarantee: 7 DAYS
IPVanish is headquartered in the US, but it’s an extremely secure and privacy-focused provider. What’s more, it allows 10 simultaneous connections with one account, making it cost-effective.
Norway has two servers in a global network of about 1,300. IPVanish sticks to a no-logs policy — similar to NordVPN — meaning there’s no user data stored. Plus, it owns and manages all its servers, putting it in control of said traffic and data.
256-bit AES encryption ships with all packages as well as protection from DNS leaks. Unstable VPN connections are safely dealt with by an internet kill switch. Plus, IPVanish can unlock several popular streaming services including Netflix US.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS, and customer support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Very fast speeds for streaming and torrenting
- Owns rather than rents servers
- Customer support is a little slow
HARDY:IPVanish checks all the boxes and streaming Viafree.no will be done hassle-free.Try it with a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN, based in fellow Scandinavian country, is an excellent choice for streaming. While it doesn’t have a massive server network, it’ll still do its job well with a focus on smaller, quality server connections.
The global server list includes about 150 options in 60 locations with one server in Norway. All servers are optimized for HD streaming and privacy — other than Viafree.no, PrivateVPN can also help you access Netflix US, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more.
The service is easy to set up and will be a breeze for newcomers. Security features include 256-bit AES encryption, protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks, an internet kill switch, and more. It doesn’t store any user logs on its servers.
Apps are available for all the major streaming platforms — Android, Windows, iOS, and MacOS. Customer support isn’t 24/7 but it incorporates remote assistance to get the job done. A single account allows six devices to connect simultaneously.
- Provides a secure, encrypted connection
- Unblocks Viafree.no and other sites including Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer
- Operates a network spanning 57 countries
- Small number of servers to choose from
- Works with Linux but requires manual configuration
UP AND COMER:PrivateVPN is a reliable performer with many geo-restricted media services. Try it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of PrivateVPN.
Should I use a free VPN to stream Viafree.no?
Free VPNs are undoubtedly a tempting recourse because of the lack of any upfront payment needed. But they’re usually a ruse to get you to upgrade to a paid plan or a racket designed to siphon money off you somehow.
Free providers lack several of the main features paid services do. For example:
Lack of a robust server network
Free VPNs usually have a handful of servers to choose from. That’s in stark contrast to paid providers that offer hundreds from around the world and unlimited server switching at will.
Poor encryption and security
While paid providers incorporate best-in-class security features, free VPNs aren’t interested in this critical aspect. The privacy features on offer aren’t nearly as robust as their paid cousins.
Free VPNs take on far more users than what their servers can support, resulting in network congestion and wait times to connect to a server. Plus, they don’t usually offer unlimited bandwidth for HD video streaming.
To make things worse, you’re putting yourself at serious risk of data theft or a malware attack by using a free VPN. Some unscrupulous providers have been caught mining user data to sell to third-party advertisers. Another unethical service piggybacked on idle bandwidth to build botnet armies. Plus, security researchers discovered how free VPN apps ship with inherent security risks — a 2016 survey found that over one-third contained malware.
Accessing Viafree.no can only be reliably done with a consistent provider that ensures top-tier speeds, reliable uptime, rigid encryption, and friendly customer support. These standards are only met by paid providers. We believe it’s in your best interests to shun free VPNs — all the ones recommended in this article have a money-back guarantee. That makes it possible for you to sign up and test the service — if it doesn’t suit you, simply ask for a refund.
How to watch Viafree.no outside Norway with a VPN
Follow these simple steps to be able to stream Viafree.no outside Norway using a VPN:
- Sign up with one of the VPNs we’ve recommended below. Our top choice is ExpressVPN, but if you’re looking for a low-cost alternative, NordVPN and CyberGhost are both excellent choices.
- Download and install the VPN software either directly from the provider’s site or official app marketplaces. Don’t use third-party sites.
- Open the relevant VPN app for your device and connect to a server in Norway.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies so that old location identifiers are deleted. Then navigate to the Viafree.no site.
- Congratulations. You should now be able to access all the content you want.
What can I watch on Viafree.no?
Some of the most popular titles on Viafree.no are:
- Paradise Hotel
- Dr. Phill
- Ex on the Beach
- Ligue 1
- Million Dollar Listing New York
Viafree.no is a free video streaming service but is only contractually licensed to display content in the Nordic region. With lots of programming in drama, comedy, and sports, the channel is able to deliver this content via targeted advertisements that pop up while you stream. That’s part of the reason why Viafree.no is geo-restricted—it stands to lose its licensing deals if the platform were to open up to subscribers from around the world.
What else can I do with a VPN?
VPNs are capable of several tasks other than just streaming television shows and movies.
For example, the encrypted tunnel that VPN providers set up make it a hassle-free experience to access public wifi. These wifi networks are typically found at airports, hotels, malls, and coffee shops. Encryption means all hackers and snoopers are kept at an arm’s length, even your internet service provider won’t be able to figure out what you’re up to on the internet.
Furthermore, VPNs can also help you log in to your online bank account. This is particularly useful when you’re traveling — the last thing you want is for your funds to be frozen or your credit card to be temporarily blocked. It can take a long (and expensive) long-distance customer support call to resolve the matter.
If you use a VPN and connect to a server in your home country before logging in to your online bank account, it’ll appear as if you never left your country. This means no red flags or other compliance-related concerns. Plus, the encryption aspect means sensitive financial data is kept secure.
See also: Best VPNs for Norway
- 1 Best VPNs for Viafree.no
- 2 1. ExpressVPN
- 3 2. NordVPN
- 4 3. CyberGhost
- 5 4. Surfshark
- 6 5. IPVanish
- 7 6. PrivateVPN
- 8 Should I use a free VPN to stream Viafree.no?
- 9 How to watch Viafree.no outside Norway with a VPN
- 10 What can I watch on Viafree.no?
- 11 What else can I do with a VPN?