If you’re a Potterhead, you’ve probably been wondering: when will Harry Potter be on Netflix? Well, you’ll be glad to know that all the Harry Potter movies are coming to Netflix. Unfortunately, they won’t appear in Netflix libraries across the world and can only be viewed in France, Belgium, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand (some of the movies are available on Netflix Canada too).
Netflix uses geo-location filters to ensure that content libraries are different depending on your location. But not to worry. If you want to watch Harry Potter on Netflix in the USA, the UK, or anywhere else outside of the very limited number of countries where it is available as standard, you’ll need a VPN. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can evade Netflix filters and help you access a catalog that includes Harry Potter.
VPNs encrypt all internet traffic flowing to and from your device and route it via an intermediary server of your choice. The encrypted tunnel is virtually unhackable, meaning neither Netflix nor your ISP can figure out what you’re up to online. And when you select a server in, let’s say Australia, your IP address is switched with an Australian one. As a result, all host websites and apps you connect to assume you’re physically located in the country.
How to watch Harry Potter on Netflix using a VPN
Here’s how to watch Harry Potter on Netflix from anywhere in the world:
- Choose a suitable VPN provider. We recommend NordVPN but Surfshark and ExpressVPN are great low-cost alternatives.
- Download the relevant app for your device directly from the provider’s site or an official app marketplace.
- Once the installation is complete, clear your browser cache and cookies to remove old location identifiers. Restart your device.
- Connect to a VPN server in Australia to get an Australian IP address. We recommend Australia as it currently hosts the entire library of Harry Potter movies and several top VPNs (including those above) can access the Australia Netflix library.
- Navigate to Netflix and log in with your existing Netflix account credentials.
- Stream all the Harry Potter content you like.
Note that you may need to select a specific server to unlock the Netflix library you want. If you need help finding the right one, you can contact your VPN’s customer support team.
Best VPN to watch Harry Potter: NordVPN
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top choice to watch Harry Potter online from anywhere in the world. The provider offers over 5,000 servers across the globe including lots of options in Australia. It guards all web traffic with military-grade encryption, along with additional security measures such as an internet kill switch, perfect forward secrecy, and protection against DNS leaks. Fast speeds and reliable customer support are part of the package and one account allows for up to five simultaneous connections.
NordVPN has excellent unblocking potential and can enable access to multiple Netflix libraries, including the Australian one.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Harry Potter with no restrictions for a month—great if you want to binge the movies or watch while abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
What else can I do with a VPN?
VPNs keep you safe and secure on the internet, comfortable in the knowledge that your digital footprint is far from prying eyes. This means hackers lurking on public wifi networks can’t view your information, and your online activity can’t be tracked by your internet service provider or government.
VPNs are a great idea for accessing banking and financial products as you travel abroad. You can make it look as if you’re logging in from your home country, avoiding compliance red flags and possible fraud alerts.
Which Harry Potter movies are available on Netflix?
All of the Harry Potter movies are listed below are available on Netflix France and Netflix Spain, plus Netflix Belgium, Australia, and New Zealand. Only the final four movies are available on Netflix Canada.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2)
Is Harry Potter on Stan?
Unfortunately, none of the Harry Potter movies are available on Australia's Stan streaming service. However, they are on Binge, which costs the same amount ($10 AUD per month).
How can I watch Harry Potter for free in 2021?
Netflix no longer offers a free trial, which makes streaming Harry Potter for free a bit difficult. Really, it all depends on where else is showing these movies in your country, and whether they have a trial period or not.
For instance, Australian fans can stream the whole series on Binge and cancel before their trial ends. British viewers can do the same on Now TV, whereas those in the US will have to use Peacock instead.
Why isn't Harry Potter on my Netflix?
Netflix can only offer certain titles if it purchases the rights to do so, and these agreements usually last for a fixed period. Unfortunately, it appears this arrangement has expired, as Harry Potter movies are slowly being removed from Netflix libraries around the world. This isn't a huge problem, though: in most cases, this simply means that they'll be on a different streaming service for the forseeable future.
Where else can I watch Harry Potter online?
There's a different broadcaster for almost every country. That said, here's a brief guide to streaming the Harry Potter movies online without Netflix:
- USA: All movies on Peacock. No subscription required to watch the first movie.
- UK: Complete series available on Now TV (£11.99 per month, seven-day free trial)
- Australia: All eight movies are on Binge ($10 AUD per month, following a two-week free trial)
- India: All movies on Amazon Prime Video (₹129 per month ). No free trial is included.