Eurosport Player is unavailable outside Europe. Trying to access it from anywhere else will result in the error message: “Sorry, Eurosport Player is not available in this country.”. Luckily there is a way around these geographical restrictions, and that’s to change your IP address using a VPN.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) works by encrypting all of your internet traffic and tunneling it through an intermediary server in a location of your choice. So, by choosing a European server, you can spoof your location, making it appear as though you are in Europe and accessing Eurosport Player in the US, Canada, Australia, and elsewhere.
In this article, we’ll explain exactly how to use a VPN to access Eurosport from anywhere, and we’ll list the best VPN providers for the job. We get into plenty of detail on each of the VPNs below, but if you are short of time, here’s a summary:
The best VPNs for Eurosport:
- NordVPN Our #1 pick for Eurosport. Hundreds of servers in the right locations for streaming Eurosport in good quality. Strong security and privacy protocols. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TIP In our testing we found that the cheapest NordVPN plan (Standard) works perfectly for Eurosport.
- Surfshark Best budget choice. A versatile, security-first service capable of unblocking all sorts of platforms (including Eurosport) from abroad.
- ExpressVPN Blazingly fast servers in the UK and Europe are great for high-quality streaming from almost anywhere. Apps are easy to use and secure.
- CyberGhost Vast global server network, easy-to-use apps, and great streaming speeds. Great beginner choice for accessing Eurosport from anywhere.
- IPVanish Good speeds. Popular with torrenters and Kodi users for remote-friendly apps. Allows unlimited simultaneous connections.
- PrivateVPN Increasingly popular online service with fast speeds. Good for Eurosport streaming and more. Allows 10 devices to be connected at once.
- Private Internet Access Servers in 80 countries for easy unblocking of Eurosport. No-logs VPN with good speeds and unlimited devices per account.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Eurosport with no restrictions for a month. This is great if you were hoping to follow your favorite team’s matches while on vacation abroad.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
The best VPNs for Eurosport: at a glance
We’ve compared the most important features of the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for Eurosport.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||PrivateVPN.com||Ranking for Streaming Sports||1||2||3||4||5||6||Streaming services||Eurosport|
|Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android, Smart TVs Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV||Total number of servers||5,700+||3,200||Undisclosed||7000+||2,200+||200+||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps||Simultaneous Connections||6||Unlimited||5||7||Unlimited||10|
|Best deal (per month)||$2.99|
SAVE up to 69% + 3 months FREE
Save 82% + Get 4 Months FREE
SAVE: 49% + 3 months free
SAVE 84% on the 2 year plan + 4 months free
SAVE 74% on the 2 yr plan
Save 85% on a two year plan + 12-months free
The best VPNs for Eurosport
Now, although many VPN providers can help you access Eurosport, not all of them offer comparable online services. Some are better at accessing streaming platforms than others and may offer better speeds, security, and customer service than their competitors can provide. To help you decide between them, we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for Eurosport based on the following criteria:
- Has multiple servers in the UK and other European countries
- Works with popular sports and content streaming sites
- Offers a fast and reliable connection
- Uses strong encryption
- Maintains a no-logging policy
- Provides prompt and knowledgeable customer support
You can read more about how we test and rank the VPNs we recommend in the methodology section below. But for now, let’s take a closer look at the ones that made the cut.
Here is our list of the best VPNs for Eurosport:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top choice VPN for Eurosport. It pegs some great speeds and has a very impressive server network of more than 5,500 in 60+ countries, including over 2,400 servers in the UK and Europe. Many of these are optimized for specific purposes, such as P2P and double VPN. You can get secure access to Eurosport, plus popular sites like Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO, and Amazon Prime Video.
NordVPN has you covered on the security and privacy front with 256-bit AES encryption, perfect forward secrecy, DNS leak protection, and a built-in kill switch. A strict no-logs policy ensures that no personally identifiable information or data regarding your online activity is ever tracked or stored.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android, and the VPN can be configured manually with some routers. NordVPN allows you to connect up to six devices simultaneously on a basic plan, which is one up from the industry standard.
- Operates over 2,400 servers in Europe and the UK, great for unblocking Eurosport
- Servers are optimized for HD streaming
- Easy-to-use apps for most streaming platforms
- Offers both round-the-clock live chat support and a ticket submission system
- Strict no-logs policy ideal for privacy-conscious users
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Desktop app can take some getting used to
BEST VPN FOR EUROSPORT:NordVPN is our top choice. thousands of European servers to unblock Eurosport with ease. Connects up to 6 devices simultaneously. Strong on privacy and security. Offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our in-depth review of NordVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark runs 3,200+ servers in over 100 countries, including France, Germany, and Spain. It’s an excellent choice for streaming and, in fact, allows you to securely access not just Eurosport but also Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video from abroad. While most VPNs allow you to connect around six devices at most, Surfshark allows you to secure every device you own simultaneously.
This service offers a wide range of security features, including DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection, a kill switch, and 256-bit AES encryption. It also boasts a combined ad-blocker/malware-scanner and a NoBorders mode that lets you bypass country-wide internet blocking. Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable info, so there’s no need to worry about being tracked (although you can pay in Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum for extra privacy). If you need help, support is available 24/7 over live chat.
Surfshark has apps for MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. If you’d like, you can even manually install it on your home router.
- Stream major international platforms with no problems
- Allows unlimited connections
- Comprehensive security
- Accepts three kinds of cryptocurrency
- 24/7 Live chat available
- Occasional slow server
BEST BUDGET OPTION:Surfshark is fast, affordable, and able to unblock Eurosport from anywhere, plus it places major emphasis on user security. With a no-logs policy, unlimited number of connections, and a 30-day money-back guarantee, this VPN is well worth your time.
Read our full review of Surfshark here.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN’s vast server network of more than 3,000 server locations in 94 countries, including many in Europe. Aside from accessing Eurosport, you can view other sports streaming channels, including ESPN, BT Sport, and beIN SPORTS. Plus, for non-sports restricted content, you can securely access sites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and many more.
All of ExpressVPN’s servers are optimized for speed, making them ideal for streaming and downloading content. If you ever have trouble finding a server that can access the channel you want to watch, you can simply ping customer support for help. They should be able to point you to the right server and have you watching in no time.
With ExpressVPN, you can always be sure your online activity is secure and private. It uses 256-bit AES encryption along with perfect forward secrecy. An automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection are built into the apps, so there’s no chance of your information ever leaving the encrypted tunnel. A no-logs policy means that ExpressVPN doesn’t monitor any of your activities and doesn’t record your real IP address.
Monthly plans allow for up to five simultaneous connections, while longterm ones allow up to eight. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. The VPN can be configured on some routers.
- Operates servers in over 40 UK and European locations, has no issues unblocking Eurosport
- Fast enough to play HD video without buffering
- Top-notch encryption, security, and privacy features are the default
- Keeps no logs
- Support staff are helpful, knowledgeable and operate around the clock
- More expensive than others on this list
- Maybe less suitable for power users
PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY:ExpressVPN is a fast and reliable choice for watching Eurosport matches. Best-in-class security and privacy with 256-bit AES encryption keeps no browser logs, has a kill switch, and IP leak protection. All plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost has a growing network of over 9,000 servers in 91 countries and is focusing on providing its users with access to a full range of streaming services. With hundreds of European servers, you should have no issues streaming Eurosport and other sports content. You’ll also be able to watch content from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
CyberGhost is ideal for traveling, especially when it comes to security. It provides automatic wifi protection on familiar networks, so you don’t have to deal with settings every time you connect to your hotel or other wifi network. Aside from that, CyberGhost has other strong security features. It uses 256-bit encryption with SHA256 authentication and perfect forward secrecy. This is backed by a kill switch and DNS leak protection. It keeps no traffic logs and minimal connection logs but nothing that can be tied to an individual user.
VPN desktop clients are available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Mobile apps can be downloaded for iOS and Android. CyberGhost can be configured with certain routers. You can connect up to seven devices at a given time.
- Operates thousands of servers throughout Europe and the UK,
- Unblocks Eurosport and other streaming services with ease
- Our tests revealed above-average HD streaming speeds
- Apps are easy to install and use – a good option for beginners
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t work in China
- Little control over advanced features
VALUE AND PERFORMANCE:CyberGhost is easy to use. A well-priced solid performer. Good for Eurosport and most other streaming sites. Comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our in-depth review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has a decent server network of over 2,000 servers in more than 75 global locations. In Europe, it has hundreds of servers, so accessing Eurosport won’t be an issue at all. Other sports channels also become available, including ESPN, beIN SPORTS, and BT Sport. IPVanish is particularly popular with Kodi users and torrenters and has some of the fastest speeds we’ve seen.
This service provider doesn’t disappoint from a security and privacy standpoint. It uses 256-bit AES encryption, which is the gold standard in the industry and is considered “military-grade encryption.” This is in conjunction with SHA512 for authentication as well as perfect forward secrecy. A kill switch is built in and will kill the internet connection in case the VPN happens to drop. IPVanish keeps no logs whatsoever.
A single subscription lets you download apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android and connect any number of devices. IPVanish can be configured manually with Linux and certain routers.
- Plenty of servers in Europe and the UK
- Speeds are great for HD streaming on most servers
- Particularly favored by remote control users with Kodi devices or Fire TV Sticks
- Keeps no traffic logs or connection logs
- Sometimes struggles with Netflix
- Doesn’t accept Bitcoin
FAST AND RELIABLE:IPVanish has a large network of servers. Uncongested network achieves good speeds. Strong security and privacy features. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN performs brilliantly when it comes to speed, making it ideal for streaming devices. Many of its servers are located in Europe, so unblocking Eurosport will be a breeze. PrivateVPN lets you securely access plenty of popular streaming sites, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer, among others.
When it comes to security, PrivateVPN uses 128-bit CBC encryption for TAP and 256-bit AES for TUN on the default OpenVPN protocol. Both of these are considered un-crackable, although 256-bit is stronger. You get additional protection in the form of perfect forward secrecy, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. PrivateVPN maintains a no-logs policy, so you can be sure your information won’t be available to any third parties.
PrivateVPN allows a generous 10 simultaneous connections per subscription. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android, with Linux and router configuration possible, too.
- Great streaming capabilities
- Strong security and online privacy protection features
- New and growing network with fast servers
- Fewer servers to choose from than other service providers higher on this list
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
GREAT SPEED:PrivateVPN is a good family choice. Unblocks Eurosport and most other popular streaming sites. Also good for secure and private browsing and torrenting. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of PrivateVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Private Internet Access stands out from most VPNs for offering thousands of servers in 80 countries worldwide. This includes servers in many countries in Europe, such as the UK, France, Germany, and Spain. Not only can you use PIA to watch Eurosport from anywhere, it even works with the US and UK versions of Netflix. Good, consistent connections thanks to unlimited bandwidth for lag and buffer-free streaming.
With just one PIA account, you can secure all of your devices at the same time. This security comes in the form of 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS leaks. PIA even operates a no-logs policy and doesn’t even keep connection logs. If you’re on Windows, you have the option of adding an antivirus for an extra monthly fee. 24/7 support is included via live chat as well as email.
You’ll find Private Internet Access apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. Alternatively, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera browser extensions are available, or you can manually set up a connection on a router.
- Servers in many European countries for accessing Eurosport
- Doesn’t throttle your bandwidth, so you can stream lag-free
- Comprehensive no-logs policy with no connection logs
- App interface is slightly cluttered
- Fails to bypass VPN restrictions in China
SERVERS WORLDWIDE:Private Internet Access makes it easy to unblock Eurosport thanks to its global server network. Unlimited bandwidth and an unlimited simultaneous connection allowance. No-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Private Internet Access review.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for Eurosport
Every VPN is different, and while this means that there’s a service for every situation, it also makes it tricky for newcomers to decide which one to use. That’s where we come in: we’ve carefully considered the most important things a VPN should offer for streaming Eurosport and used this criteria to put together our top recommendations. Below is a selection of the features we looked for:
- Wide Server Network: Without servers in Europe you simply won’t be able to access Eurosport Player or watch any live sport. So we looked for VPN providers that offer a wide range of servers in a variety of European countries. But we also prioritize providers with a wide network of global servers so you can access other international platforms such as ESPN, beIN Sport, and BT Sport from abroad.
- Speed: Live sports streaming requires fast speeds. Otherwise, you’re likely to encounter frequent interruptions in the form of buffering and lag. We regularly speed-test the VPNs we recommend to ensure they are up to the challenge. Note that they also include unlimited bandwidth for non-stop streaming.
- Unblocking: Just because a VPN has a server in a particular location doesn’t mean it unblocks every website and service from that country. Indeed, some platforms are simply tougher to unlock than others. For example, DAZN and Netflix are notoriously tricky to access. The only way to find out a VPN’s unblocking ability is to test it ourselves!
- Security: Your security is a top concern, and all of the VPNs listed provide 256-bit AES encryption, keeping you safe from hackers. We also look for additional features such as Double VPN servers, a kill switch, IP leak protection, password managers, and ad-blockers.
- Privacy: If you don’t want your ISP (or the government!) to know what you’re doing online, you need a VPN that doesn’t keep identifying logs. We’ve studied over 140 VPN logging policies and recommend those with no-logs policies that best protect your privacy.
- Ease of use: There’s no point in having a VPN if it’s too complicated to use. The VPNs in this post have easy-to-use apps for a wide range of operating systems and even include 24/7 live chat and email support in case you need it.
- Value for money: There are VPNs to suit all budgets, and you needn’t spend a lot of money in order to get a good one. We looked for providers that offer a high-quality service while remaining affordable VPNs. With our VPN discount coupons, you can get them at an even better price!
Want to know more? Check out our detailed article covering our VPN testing methodology.
Using a free VPN with Eurosport
When deciding which VPN to go with, the free options can be very tempting. However, using a free VPN simply won’t give you the same experience you’d get with a top-rated paid option, such as one of those listed above.
First, there’s the practical side of things. While a free VPN might let you watch Eurosport, it’s unlikely to work with a lot of other popular streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. To make things even more frustrating, you might have to wait for an available server and endure slow, unreliable connections.
Then, you have problems on the privacy side of things. Free VPN providers are known for using questionable tactics to keep their businesses afloat. These include logging user activity, injecting ads, and even carrying malware. You could even find yourself caught up in a massive botnet scheme.
How to watch live content on Eurosport with a VPN
Eurosport doesn’t geo-restrict all of its content. You should have access to the Eurosport website from anywhere, even without the use of a VPN, and can watch some of the online video content without having to log in.
However, due to licensing rights, the live content is geo-restricted. To watch live streams, you need to use Eurosport Player. If you try to access the player while connected to a non-European server, you’ll get the following error: “Sorry, Eurosport Player is not available in this country.”. That’s where a VPN comes in.
Luckily using VPN is easier than you might think. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be streaming live sports in no time.
Here’s how to watch Eurosport abroad with a VPN:
- Subscribe to your chosen VPN provider. We recommend NordVPN.
- Download the appropriate app for your streaming device.
- Launch the app and log in.
- Connect to a server in your chosen country. Choose a country where Eurosport works, and be aware that different versions of Eurosport Player are available in different regions in Europe, the UK one being the most popular.
- Log in to your Eurosport account, and you should have access to live streams via Eurosport Player.
- If it’s not loading, try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache before trying again.
Note that no matter where you sign in from, you’ll need to enter credentials.
This means you need to have a paid subscription. Subscription options for UK residents are monthly or annual passes. However, there is a seven-day free trial, which is ideal if you just want to watch one event or several taking place in close succession.
Other countries have different prices and plans available, such as France, where prices are much higher (using current GBP / EUR rates), but you can pay for an annual pass in monthly installments.
The one problem is you’ll need to sign up using a European address. If you try to use a non-European address, you’ll get an error: “We encountered a problem processing your order.”
This won’t be an issue for residents of Europe who are simply watching while abroad, but it will pose a problem for those who do not have a European billing address. One way around this might be to use a virtual credit card such as those available from Entropay.
Content available on Eurosport
Eurosport has rights to a vast number of Europe’s top sporting events, as well as many outside of Europe.
Here’s just a taste of what it has to offer:
- Football: Including Premier League, Europa League, and Bundesliga
- Rugby: Including the World Cup, Premiership, and Six Nations tournament
- Tennis: All major competitions
- Winter Sports: Including the NHL and world championships in various sports
- Cycling: Including World Championships and Tour de France
- Motorsports: Including F1, WRC, and MotoGP
Watching Eurosport abroad: FAQs
In which countries is Eurosport Player available?
Wondering if Eurosport Player is accessible in your location? Here are the regions in which it’s available:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, British Indian Ocean Territories, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Guyane, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Saint-Helene, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State, and Wallis and Futuna.
Is Eurosport Player available in Australia?
No, it’s not. While Eurosport is available on Australian televisions (currently through Fetch TV), Eurosport Player is not available in the country.
That said, if you usually live in Europe and have a Eurosport account, you can use a VPN to log in and watch Eurosport Player from anywhere, including Australia.
Is it legal to watch Eurosport with a VPN?
Disclaimer: Although we’ve spent hours researching this topic, we are not legal experts and can’t say definitively if something is legal in your country. If in doubt, we recommend consulting your local laws before trying to stream while connected to a VPN.
Why is Eurosport not available in the US?
Sports streaming sites have to pay for rights to air coverage of events. However, when they purchase rights, they can only broadcast events in certain regions. Eurosport has decided to serve customers within Europe only. Events that are shown on Eurosport may be available in the US but will be under a different broadcaster. For example, while most Premier League football matches are available on Eurosport, you’ll have to watch them on NBC Sport or Peacock in the US.
Can I watch Eurosport through other channels like Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can watch Eurosport through Amazon Prime. But you’ll still have to pay the subscription price, so unless you’re already an Amazon Prime customer, it may not be worth it. A standalone Eurosport Player subscription costs £6.99 per month or £59.99 per year. It costs the same when you buy it through Prime, but you also need the Prime subscription, which is £7.99 per month. Eurosport is only available through Amazon Prime in countries where the standalone subscription is available.
Will a VPN for Eurosport slow my connection down?
A VPN is unlikely to slow down your connection to Eurosport. Most ISP’s throttle (slow down) your connection when they detect high bandwidth usage. Because Eurosport is a video streaming service, it’s likely to use a high level of bandwidth. Using a quality VPN will provide a smoother streaming experience with Eurosport as it can help get around ISP bandwidth throttling and restrictions.
How does Eurosport block access from VPN providers?