Eurosport is a European television channel with an online streaming content service. On its website, you can watch videos and live stream content. However, the live content is only available through Eurosport Player, a paid subscription service that can only be accessed from within Europe. Trying to access it from outside Europe will deliver an error message: “Sorry, Eurosport Player is not available in this country.” If you want to watch this sporting channel while outside of Europe, your best bet is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN can mask your location to make it appear you’re somewhere else. The VPN works by encrypting all of your internet traffic and tunneling it through an intermediary server in a location of your choice. So, by choosing a European server, you can watch Eurosport Player in the US, Canada, Australia, and elsewhere. Note that it still requires a subscription that needs to be associated with a European billing address.
Now, although many VPN providers can help you access Eurosport, not all of them offer comparable online services. Some are better at unblocking streaming platforms than others and may offer better speeds, security, and customer service than their competitors can provide.
We get into plenty of detail on each of the VPNs below, but if you are short of time, here’s a summary list of the top VPNs for Eurosport Player:
- ExpressVPN Our #1 pick for Eurosport. Blazingly fast servers in the UK and Europe are great for high quality streaming from almost anywhere. Apps are easy to use and secure. Includes 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN Best budget choice with hundreds of servers in the right locations for streaming Eurosport in good quality.
- CyberGhost Easy to use apps and great streaming content speeds. Beginners’ choice.
- IPVanish Good speeds. Popular with torrenters and Kodi users for remote-friendly apps.
- PrivateVPN Increasingly popular online service with fast speeds. Good for Eurosport streaming and more.
The best VPNs for Eurosport
To help you decide between them, we’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for Eurosport based on the following criteria:
- Has multiple servers in the UK and other European countries
- Can unblock popular sports and streaming sites
- Offers a fast and reliable connection
- Uses strong encryption
- Maintains a no-logging policy
- Provides prompt and knowledgeable customer support
Here is our list of the best VPNs for Eurosport:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN’s vast server network of more than 3,000 servers covers 94 countries, including many in Europe. Aside from accessing Eurosport, you can view other sports streaming channels, including ESPN, BT Sport, and beIN SPORTS. Plus, for non-sports restricted content, you can unblock sites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and many more.
All of ExpressVPN’s servers are optimized for speed, making them ideal for streaming and downloading content. If you ever have trouble finding a server that can access the channel you want to watch, you can simply ping customer support for help. They should be able to point you to the right server and have you watching in no time.
With ExpressVPN, you can always be sure your online activity is secure and private. It uses 256-bit AES encryption along with perfect forward secrecy. An automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection are built into the apps, so there’s no chance of your information ever leaving the encrypted tunnel. A no-logs policy means that ExpressVPN doesn’t monitor any of your activity and doesn’t record your real IP address.
Plans allow for up to three simultaneous connections. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. The VPN can be configured on some routers.
- Operates servers in over 40 UK and European locations, has no issues unblocking Eurosport
- Fast enough to play HD video without buffering
- Top notch encryption, security, and privacy features are the default
- Well-designed mobile and desktop apps
- Support staff are helpful, knowledgable and operate around the clock
- Doesn’t come cheap, use a coupon for discounts
BEST VPN FOR EUROSPORT:ExpressVPN is our #1 Choice. A super fast and reliable choice for watching the Eurosport matches. Also unblocks all major streaming services including Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go and many more. Best-in-class security and privacy with 256-bit AES encryption, keep no browser logs, kill switch and leak protection. Try it risk-free with the 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our full review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Another top provider with a service that’s ideal for streaming is NordVPN. It pegs some great speeds and has a very impressive server network of more than 5,200 in over 60 countries, including over 2,400 servers in the UK and Europe. Many of these are optimized for specific purposes, such as P2P, double VPN, and anti-DDoS. You can get access to Eurosport, as well as other sports streaming sites, and can view geo-restricted content from popular sites like Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO, and Amazon Prime Video.
NordVPN has you covered on the security and privacy front with 256-bit AES encryption, perfect forward secrecy, DNS leak protection, and a built-in kill switch. A strict no-logs policy ensures that no personally identifiable information or data regarding your online activity is ever tracked or stored.
Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android, and the VPN can be configured manually with Linux and some routers. NordVPN allows you to connect up to six devices simultaneously on a basic plan, which is one up from the industry standard.
- Operates over 2,400 servers in Europe and the UK, great for unblocking Eurosport
- Servers are optimized for HD streaming
- Easy-to-use apps for most streaming platforms
- Offers both round-the-clock live chat support and a ticket submission system
- Strict no-logs policy ideal for privacy-conscious users
- Desktop app can take some getting used to
BEST BUDGET OPTION:NordVPN is a good value choice. A great value option which can unblock Eurosport matches. Connects up to 6 devices simultaneously. Good on privacy and security. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our in-depth review of NordVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
With a growing network of almost 5,800 servers in 90 countries, CyberGhost is focusing on providing its users with access to a full range of streaming services. With hundreds of European servers, you should have no issues streaming Eurosport and other geo-restricted sports content. You’ll also be able to watch content from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
CyberGhost is ideal for traveling, especially when it comes to security. It provides automatic wifi protection on familiar networks, so you don’t have to deal with settings every time you connect to your hotel or other wifi network. Aside from that, CyberGhost has other strong security features. It uses 256-bit encryption with SHA256 authentication and perfect forward secrecy. This is backed by a kill switch and DNS leak protection. It keeps no traffic logs and minimal connection logs, but nothing that can be tied to an individual user.
VPN desktop clients are available for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Mobile apps can be downloaded for iOS and Android. CyberGhost can be configured with certain routers. You can connect up to seven devices at a given time.
- Operates over 2,500 servers throughout Europe and the UK, unblocks Eurosport with ease
- Our tests revealed above-average HD streaming speeds
- Apps are easy to install and use – a good option for beginners
- Romanian based low-cost service provider with strong privacy credentials
- Doesn’t work in China
VALUE AND PERFORMANCE:CyberGhost is easy to use. A well priced solid performer. Good at unblocking Eurosport and most other streaming sites. Comes with a 45-day money back guarantee.
Read our in-depth review of CyberGhost.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has a decent server network of over 1,300 servers in more than 75 global locations. In Europe, it has over 450 servers, so accessing Eurosport won’t be an issue at all. Other sports channels also become available, including ESPN, beIN SPORTS, and BT Sport. IPVanish is particularly popular with Kodi users and torrenters and has some of the fastest speeds we’ve seen.
This service provider doesn’t disappoint from a security and privacy standpoint. It uses 256-bit AES encryption, which is the gold-standard in the industry and is considered “military-grade encryption.” This is in conjunction with SHA512 for authentication as well as perfect forward secrecy. A kill switch is built in and will kill the internet connection in case the VPN happens to drop. IPVanish keeps no logs whatsoever.
You can download apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android, and connect up to five devices with a basic plan. IPVanish can be configured manually with Linux and certain routers.
- Operates over 450 servers throughout Europe and the UK
- Speeds are great for HD streaming on most servers
- Particularly favored by remote control users with Kodi devices or Fire TV Sticks
- Keeps no traffic logs or connection logs
- Doesn’t reliably unblock Netflix, Hulu
- Customer support process can be a little slow at times
FAST AND RELIABLE:IPVanish has a large network of servers. Uncongested network achieves good speeds. Strong security and privacy features. Won’t unblock Netflix and could do with having live support. 7-day money back guarantee.
Read our full review of IPVanish.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Although it has a much smaller network than many of its rivals, PrivateVPN does brilliantly in speed testing, making it ideal for streaming devices. Many of its servers are located in Europe, so unblocking Eurosport will be a breeze. PrivateVPN lets you access plenty of popular streaming sites, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer, among others.
When it comes to security, PrivateVPN uses 128-bit CBC encryption for TAP and 256-bit AES for TUN on the default OpenVPN protocol. Both of these are considered un-crackable, although 256-bit is stronger. You get additional protection in the form of perfect forward secrecy, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. PrivateVPN maintains a no logs policy, so you can be sure your information won’t be available to any third parties.
Like NordVPN, PrivateVPN allows a generous six simultaneous connections per subscription. Apps are available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android, with Linux and router configuration possible, too.
- Operates servers out of 55 European and UK locations
- Strong security and online privacy protection features
- New and growing network with fast servers
- Fewer servers to choose from than other service providers higher on this list
- Doesn’t have 24/7 live chat
GREAT SPEED:PrivateVPN is a good family choice. Unblocks Eurosport. Also good for secure and private browsing and torrenting. Could do with having more servers and lacks 24/7 support. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our full review of PrivateVPN.
Can I use a free VPN with Eurosport?
When deciding which VPN to go with, the free options can be very tempting. However, using a free VPN simply won’t give you the same experience you’d get with a top-rated paid option, such as one of those listed above.
First, there’s the practical side of things. While a free VPN might unblock Eurosport, it’s unlikely to work with a lot of other popular streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. To make things even more frustrating, you might have to wait for an available server and endure slow, unreliable connections.
Then, you have problems on the privacy side of things. Free VPN providers are known for using some questionable tactics to keep their businesses afloat. These include logging user activity, injecting ads, and even carrying malware. You could even find yourself caught up in a massive botnet scheme.
How to watch live content on Eurosport with a VPN
Eurosport doesn’t geo-restrict all of its content. You should be able to have full access to the Eurosport website from anywhere, even without the use of a VPN, and watch some of the online video content without having to log in.
Due to licensing rights, the live content is geo-restricted. To watch live streams, you need to use Eurosport Player. If you try to access the player while connected to a non-European server, you’ll get the following error: “Sorry, Eurosport Player is not available in this country.”
That’s where a VPN comes in.
Here’s how to watch Eurosport abroad:
- Subscribe to your chosen VPN provider. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download the appropriate app for your streaming device.
- Launch the app and log in.
- Connect to a server in your chosen country (choose a country where Eurosport works).
- Log in to your Eurosport account and you should have access to live streams via Eurosport Player.
Note that different versions of Eurosport Player are available in different regions in Europe, the UK one being the most popular.
No matter where you sign in from, you’ll need to enter credentials.
This means you need to have a paid subscription. Subscription options for UK residents are monthly or annual passes. However, there is a seven-day free trial, which is ideal if you just want to watch one event or several taking place in close succession.
Other countries have different prices and plans available, such as France, where prices are much higher (using current GBP / EUR rates) but you can pay for an annual pass in monthly installments.
The one problem is, you’ll need to sign up using a European address. If you try to use a non-European address, you’ll get an error: “We encountered a problem processing your order.”
This won’t be an issue for residents of Europe who are simply watching while abroad, but it will pose a problem for those who do not have a European billing address. One way around this might be to use a virtual credit card such as those available from Entropay.
What content is available on Eurosport?
Eurosport has rights to a vast number of Europe’s top sporting events ,as well as many outside of Europe.
Here’s just a taste of what it has to offer:
- Football: Including Premier League, Europa League, and Bundesliga
- Rugby: Including the World Cup, Premiership, and Six Nations tournament
- Tennis: All major competitions
- Winter Sports: Including the NHL and world championships in various sports
- Cycling: Including World Championships and Tour de France
- Motorsports: Including F1, WRC, and MotoGP
How to watch Eurosport Abroad FAQ
⭐In which countries is Eurosport Player available?
Wondering if Eurosport Player is accessible in your location? Here are the regions in which it’s available:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, British Indian Ocean Territories, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Guyane, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Saint-Helene, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State, and Wallis and Futuna.
⭐Is Eurosport Player available in Australia?
No, it’s not. While Eurosport is available on Australian televisions (currently through Fetch TV), Eurosport Player is not available in the country.
That said, if you usually live in Europe and have a Eurosport account, you can use a VPN to log in and watch Eurosport Player from anywhere, including Australia.
⭐Is it legal to watch Eurosport with a VPN?
Yes, it’s legal.
- 1 The best VPNs for Eurosport
- 2 1. ExpressVPN
- 3 2. NordVPN
- 4 3. CyberGhost
- 5 4. IPVanish
- 6 5. PrivateVPN
- 7 Can I use a free VPN with Eurosport?
- 8 How to watch live content on Eurosport with a VPN
- 9 What content is available on Eurosport?
- 10 How to watch Eurosport Abroad FAQ
- 11 In which countries is Eurosport Player available?
- 12 Is Eurosport Player available in Australia?
- 13 Is it legal to watch Eurosport with a VPN?