You may be wondering what a VPN is, what it does, and how it works. Don’t worry, we’ll explain everything. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service that encrypts your internet traffic, routing it to its own server. This provides numerous benefits. For starters, your data is secured from hackers and snoopers. However, it also means you can get a new, temporary IP address. As such, a VPN can be used to access region-locked content as well as to get unbanned from Roblox.
How to get unbanned from Roblox
While you can use a VPN to get unbanned from Roblox, we first encourage you to try to appeal your ban. This ensures you’re following the Roblox Community Standards. If you’re successful, you’ll be able to continue using your account without having to create a new one, which is necessary if you go via the VPN route.
Here’s how to appeal a Roblox ban:
- Contact the Roblox Appeals team via the support form. First, you’ll be asked to provide your date of birth.
- You must provide your email address (the one associated with the banned account). While it’s optional to provide your username and first name, we recommend it.
- Under Issue Details, select the device on which you used Roblox before. In the Type of help category, select Moderation followed by Appeal Account or Content.
- Provide a brief statement including the reason for your appeal. Once you’re happy with this, click submit. You should receive a response to your appeal within 24 hours.
- Remember that submitting an appeal doesn’t guarantee your ban will be overturned. Furthermore, you only get one chance to appeal. Make it count.
How to get unbanned from Roblox with a VPN
If your appeal has failed, know that it isn’t too complicated to bypass a ban with a Roblox VPN. All you need to do is follow the instructions below and you’ll be able to play as normal.
Here’s how to bypass a Roblox ban using a VPN:
- Start by signing up with a reputable VPN provider. We particularly recommend you use NordVPN.
- You’ll now be able to download and install the VPN app that’s compatible with your device. Note that Roblox is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Xbox One (you can use a VPN on Xbox One by setting it up on your router).
- Before using the VPN, make sure you uninstall Roblox on your device and delete all files associated with it.
- Restart your device and open the VPN app. Connect to a server in your preferred country to get a new IP address. The closer the server to your physical location, the faster the connection is likely to be.
- Do a fresh install of Roblox. Sign up for a new account (and be sure to use a different email address and username).
GET A 30-DAY FREE TRIAL OF THE TOP ROBLOX VPN
NordVPN is offering a fully featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Roblox with no restrictions for a month—more than enough time to wait out most bans.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
With so many VPNs to choose from, you may be wondering what sets those listed in this post apart. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the key criteria we look for in each VPN for use with Roblox:
- Servers in dozens of countries around the world
- Fast speeds so you can enjoy lag-free gaming
- Strong security to protect you from DDoS attacks
- Privacy protection in the form of a no-logs policy
- Live chat and email support around the clock
- Multiple simultaneous connections (at least five)
Best VPNs for unbanning Roblox
- NordVPN: The best VPN for getting unbanned from Roblox. Plenty of servers, fast speeds, P2P and Double VPN. Independently audited no-logs VPN with 24/7 support.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN. Strong unblocking—works well with Roblox. Unlimited devices per account. High-speed servers and MultiHop option. Windows and Android antivirus.
- ExpressVPN: Servers in 94 countries. Very fast servers and no bandwidth throttling. Use it to bypass Roblox and Netflix restrictions. Secure military-grade encryption.
- CyberGhost: Close to 8,000 servers across 90+ countries. Impressive speed for lag-free gaming. Secure up to seven devices at once. Includes a strict no-logs policy.
- IPVanish: Upgrade to WireGuard means low ping gaming on Roblox. Unlimited simultaneous connections. Security includes encryption and a zero-logs policy.
- PrivateVPN: Fast speeds combined with strong unblocking. Access Roblox, Netflix, Twitter, and more. Excellent, user-friendly apps. Strong privacy protection.
- Atlas VPN: High-speed servers and consistent unblocking of Roblox. Security includes MultiHop servers. Doesn’t any keep logs by which you can be identified.
Best VPNs for getting unbanned from Roblox
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for bypassing Roblox bans:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is able to bypass Roblox bans thanks to its large number of servers and IP addresses. Indeed, this VPN has over 5,000 servers across 60 countries in total. This makes it that much easier to find a fast, lag-free connection wherever you are. Speaking of speed, NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs you can use. In our most recent tests, it had an average download speed of 369 Mbps. Furthermore, it also offers unlimited bandwidth.
This VPN is also a strong choice if you’re looking for a secure Roblox experience, free from DDoS attacks. That’s because it routes your data through a 256-bit AES encrypted tunnel. There’s also DNS and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch, and even Double VPN and Onion Over VPN servers that provide you the option of an extra layer of encryption. NordVPN is a no-logs service and has been independently audited by PwC Switzerland to prove it. Need assistance? You’ll find 24/7 support via live chat and email.
NordVPN allows up to six simultaneous connections via its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. You can even download a browser extension for Chrome or Firefox or manually configure NordVPN to work with your wi-fi router.
- Lots of servers and IP addresses for bypassing Roblox bans
- Very fast server speeds for playing online without lag
- Security includes Double VPN servers for two layers of encryption
- No-logs policy has been independently audited
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Allows up to six simultaneous connections per account
- Victim of a data breach in 2018
BEST VPN FOR ROBLOX BANS:NordVPN is our top choice for getting unbanned from Roblox. It has a large server network, high-speed connections with no throttling, and specialty servers for extra security. Comes with 24/7 support and a strict no-logs policy. Has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark can help you get unbanned from Roblox and is also highly adept at bypassing the geographic restrictions of streaming services. For example, it works with more than 30 Netflix libraries—far more than most VPNs can manage. Its network consists of over 3,000 servers in 65 countries for accessing Roblox from anywhere in the world. With average speeds of 324 Mbps in tests, it’s ideal for online gaming as you won’t suffer performance issues.
This VPN is particularly secure on Windows and Android, thanks to its newer addition of Surfshark One. This cybersecurity suite includes an antivirus. Regardless, Surfshark ticks every box with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks. It keeps a strict no-logs policy so there’s no risk of anybody obtaining your data. You’ll also find MultiHop servers as well as live chat and email support, available 24 hours a day.
You can secure all of your devices at the same time with Surfshark’s apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available while you can also use it with routers with manual setup.
- Works with Roblox and popular streaming services like Netflix
- Growing network of servers (over 3,000 in 65 countries)
- High-speed connections for low ping online gaming
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- Sometimes slow to connect to servers
BEST VALUE VPN:Surfshark possess strong unblocking ability and works with Roblox and many streaming services. High-speed connections and even an antivirus for Windows and Android. Unlimited simultaneous connections. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN has servers in more countries than any other VPN listed. Its 3,000+ servers span a highly impressive 94 countries. This allows you to access a wide range of geo-restricted websites and services as well as get unbanned from Roblox. There’s no need to worry about speed either because ExpressVPN servers are fast and consistent thanks to unlimited bandwidth. As such, you can game lag free, with a low ping time.
If you play Roblox on Xbox One, it’s worth knowing that ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs for routers. This is thanks to its user-friendly router dashboard, interactive setup guide, and auto-update feature. With this service, you can secure up to five devices at once. Once connected, you’ll benefit from 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection. ExpressVPN offers 24/7 support and doesn’t keep identifying logs.
To use ExpressVPN, download an app for desktop (Windows, Mac, or Linux), mobile (Android or iOS), Amazon Fire TV, or Android TV. You can even use it with your router with manual setup or, if you prefer, download a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- Servers located in 94 countries including the US and Canada
- No bandwidth throttling for uninterrupted gaming
- Also works with the likes of Netflix
- Strong security thanks to encryption and a kill switch
- High-quality customer support around the clock
- One of the more expensive VPNs on the market
- Streaming servers are hard to find
ROUTER-FRIENDLY:ExpressVPN has 3,000+ servers in 94 countries. You can expect fast, unthrottled speeds, and compatibility with Roblox. Excellent 24/7 support and is particularly router-friendly. Doesn’t keep any identifying logs of its users. Has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost stands out for its huge server network. This is made up of nearly 8,000 servers in 90+ countries. One of the main advantages of this is that you’ll have plenty of server options close to your location. This ensures you have a low-latency connection for use with Roblox. Aside from helping you get unbanned fromRoblox, CyberGhost works with Netflix US. It offers unlimited bandwidth and can be used on seven devices simultaneously.
Like any quality VPN, CyberGhost ensures others can’t see your true IP address or location. Your connection is secured with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption while there’s also DNS and IPv6 leak protection and an automatic kill switch. Some other notable security features include a password manager and a cybersecurity suite for Windows, complete with antivirus. Thanks to CyberGhost’s strict no-logs policy, your personal data stays private.
To get unbanned from Roblox, download and install a CyberGhost app for Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS. Apps are also available for Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Routers require manual setup and Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also available.
- Vast network of 8,000+ servers across 90+ countries
- One of the fastest VPNs around — ideal for playing Roblox games
- Can be used on up to seven devices at the same time
- Lots of security features including a Windows Security Suite
- Like most VPNs, it doesn’t work in China
- Lacks some advanced features
NEARLY 8,000 SERVERS:CyberGhost has approximately 8,000 servers in over 90 countries. High-speed connections and no bandwidth throttling. Secure up to seven devices at once. Strict no-logs policy and an antivirus for Windows. Comes with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish states that it has over 40,000 IP addresses, providing you with plenty of opportunities to bypass Roblox bans. This VPN provider has recently added to its server offering with some 2,000+ servers now available. There’s a particularly large US presence where IPVanish has approximately 1,300 servers. IPVanish also happens to be one of the fastest VPNs you can use for gaming thanks to its upgrade to the WireGuard protocol.
Planning on using IPVanish on multiple devices? It lets you connect as many devices as you like at once. Indeed, all of these devices are kept secure thanks to 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. IPVanish operates a zero-logs policy, ensuring you maintain online anonymity. While this VPN is easy to use for beginners, you’ll have 24-hour access to live chat and email support should you run into any issues.
IPVanish apps are available for the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. This VPN is also compatible with select wireless routers although you’ll need to follow manual setup instructions to set this up.
- WireGuard protocol means very fast speeds for online gaming
- Can be used not only with Roblox but Netflix US
- Secure all of your devices at once under a single account
- Operates a zero-logs policy for your privacy
- Headquartered in the US which is a Five Eyes member
- No browser extensions available
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish allows unlimited simultaneous connection. Fast speeds thanks to WireGuard protocol. Over 40,000 IP addresses available. Secure with high-end encryption and a zero-logs policy. Comes with 24/7 support. Has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN is highly capable of bypassing blocks. Not only can you use it to navigate a Roblox ban, you can even watch Netflix and BBC iPlayer while traveling abroad. Although it has a smaller number of servers, its network still covers over 60 countries so you won’t have trouble finding a fast, unthrottled connection where you are. PrivateVPN also lets you connect up to six of your devices at the same time with a single subscription.
Unlike most VPNs, which rent their servers, PrivateVPN owns them entirely. This allows it greater control and reduces the risk of any interference from third parties. A highly secure VPN service, PrivateVPN provides 256-bit AES encryption as well as DNS leak protection and a kill switch. You can maintain anonymity by signing up with a burner email account and paying in Bitcoin. This no-logs service also has live chat support and free remote help.
Once signed up with PrivateVPN, you can download apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. It’s also compatible with select wi-fi routers although this does require manual configuration.
- Strong unblocking ability (Roblox and many streaming platforms)
- Fast servers and no bandwidth throttling
- Easy-to-use desktop and mobile apps
- True no-logs policy to keep your identity intact
- Smaller network of just 200 servers
- Live chat isn’t available 24 hours a day
STRONG UNBLOCKING:PrivateVPN works with Roblox and many streaming platforms. Fast speeds with no bandwidth throttling. Servers in dozens of counties and strong security with a strict no-logs policy. Option to pay in Bitcoin. Has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN makes it easy to change your IP address and access Roblox without restriction. One of its standout features is its fast server speeds, making it an excellent choice not only for online gaming but also streaming (it works with Netflix, Disney+, and more). Servers are located across dozens of countries while some are optimized for privacy and streaming. Another advantage of Atlas VPN is that it lets you connect all of your devices at the same time.
256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection are included as part of your Atlas VPN subscription. However, there are a number of intriguing extras such as MultiHop servers and an ad and malware blocker. Furthermore, no identifying logs are kept of users. Subscribers can also benefit from live chat and email support although the apps are very easy to navigate and shouldn’t pose too many problems even for beginners.
You can use Atlas VPN with Roblox on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. If you wish to use Atlas VPN on Linux or your router, you’ll need to set this up manually.
- High-speed servers for non-stop Roblox gaming
- Also works with the likes of Netflix and HBO Max
- Lets you connect all of your devices at the same time
- MultiHop servers encrypt data twice for extra security
- Relatively small network of around 700 servers
MULTIHOP SERVERS:Atlas VPN is fast for online gaming and streaming. It has servers in 40 locations and lets you secure all of your devices simultaneously. MultiHop servers offer an extra layer of protection. No identifying logs of users. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
Methodology: How we test the best VPNs for getting unbanned from Roblox
With so many VPNs to choose from, it’s important for us to have a methodology that helps us identify the very best. Not every VPN works with Roblox so we used this as a starting point before looking for the following features:
- Servers worldwide: All of the VPNs selected offer servers in dozens of countries including the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and Japan. The advantage of this is that you can access a wider range of content. Another benefit is that it becomes that much easier to find a fast server close to your physical location.
- Speed: Online gaming requires fast server speeds, so you can play without having to contend with lag. For this reason, we used our speeds tests in order to identify the fastest VPNs. It’s no coincidence that all of them include unlimited bandwidth. As such, there’s no limit as to how much you game, stream, or torrent.
- Unblocking: Of course, the first port of call was making sure that each VPN has IP addresses that work with Roblox so you can get unbanned. However, chances are that you encounter other content restrictions such as those of streaming services. We’ve recommended VPNs that work well with the likes of Prime Video.
- Security: At a minimum, we look for each VPN we recommend to offer the following in the way of security features: 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. High-end encryption is particularly important as, if someone acquires your IP address, they could target you with DDoS attacks or even swatting.
- Privacy: There are some privacy risks that come with online gaming on Roblox. A disgruntled player may use your IP address to find out your identity and exact location. A VPN encrypts your data and hides your true IP address. It should also have a no-logs policy. We’ve examined 140 VPN logging policies to find the best.
- Ease of use: We understand that you just want to get gaming again. Bypassing a Roblox ban should be quick and easy. Beginner-friendly VPNs make all the difference. Expect apps that are easy to navigate as well as setup guides and even live chat and email support if you have any issues (available 24/7 in most cases).
- Value for money: Getting unbanned from Roblox needn’t be expensive. We’ve found VPNs with a variety of subscription plans available. We also offer VPN discount coupons so you can save a little extra. These VPNs are particularly good value because they all include a money-back guarantee of at least 30 days.
To ensure that each VPN offers all of the above, we carry out a range of tests as part of our VPN testing methodology. This includes testing for checking for DNS leaks and measuring server speeds across multiple locations.
Roblox Ban FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to get unbanned from Roblox?
No, it’s highly unlikely that IP addresses supplied by free VPNs will allow you to bypass a Roblox ban. That’s because free VPNs attract far too many users to meet demand. As such, IP addresses quickly become blacklisted once they’re identified as belonging to a VPN. Besides, free VPNs are far too slow for online gaming, streaming, and torrenting. You’ll suffer bandwidth throttling and high ping as well as excessive lag as a result.
It should also be noted that many free VPNs lack key security features and may, as a result, fail to keep you safe online. Improper encryption or a lack of protection from leaks may put your data in the hands of cybercriminals. Some free VPNs even keep logs of your browsing data and sell the information to third parties. For these reasons, it’s important to use a quality paid VPN with plenty of security features as well as a strict no-logs policy.
Is it legal to use a VPN to bypass a Roblox ban?
It’s legal to use a VPN to get unbanned from Roblox. VPNs are legal in the vast majority of countries although many are banned in countries including China and Russia. As such, it’s always a good idea to consult your country’s laws before using one. Remember, any illegal activity (such as torrenting copyrighted materials) remains illegal even if you’re connected to a VPN.
Roblox does “prohibit any activity that is used to gain unauthorized access to Roblox’s systems or accounts”. According to the Roblox Community Standards, unauthorized access includes “Using VPNs to mask your location in order to gain unauthorized access to the Roblox platform”. This may result in a longer or more permanent ban if you’re caught so use a VPN at your own risk (and if you do, make sure you follow the instructions in this post).
How long do Roblox bans last?