As Global TV is region-locked, you’ll see the following error if you try to watch the streaming platform from abroad:
“Sorry, Playback Is Unavailable – This content can only be viewed from within Canada.”
Streaming services usually determine the user’s location by checking which country their IP address is from, and if yours isn’t from Canada, you aren’t allowed to watch. There’s no need to worry, though, as below, we’ll show how to watch Global TV from anywhere by using a VPN.
Whenever you connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN), you’re given a temporary, region-specific IP address. For instance, if you choose a Canadian server, you’ll be assigned a Canadian IP address. This will bypass region-locking by making it seem to Global TV that you are with in the country, and allow you to watch from outside Canada. Another benefit of VPNs is that they encrypt your traffic. This means that snoopers such as your Internet Service Provider (ISP), government, or employer won’t be able to tell what you get up to online.
If you don’t have time to read the full post, you’ll find a list of the best VPNs for Global TV below, as well as a short description of each.
Best VPNs for Global TV:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for Global TV. Nearly 500 fast Canadian servers, a wealth of security features, a strict no-logs policy, and the ability to unlock most popular streaming services. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN. This service has a strong focus on your online security and privacy. Further, with no connection limit and high-speed Canadian servers, Surfshark is a strong choice for watching Global TV abroad.
- ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN boasts high speeds, strong unblocking potential, powerful security and privacy features, and a network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries.
- CyberGhost: Perfect for beginners as it offers reliable, high-speed connections, almost 500 Canadian servers, comprehensive security, and privacy protections, and the ability to unblock Global TV abroad.
- PrivateVPN: A very fast VPN with exceptional unblocking potential, strong security features, and a no-logs policy, PrivateVPN makes it easy to stream Global TV from outside Canada.
- Private Internet Access: Good, consistent speeds for streaming Global TV and strong security with encryption. Easy to use and allows up to 10 devices.
- Atlas VPN: High-speed connections for lag-free streaming. Works with Global TV and many US streaming services. Unlimited simultaneous connections.
TRY THE BEST GLOBAL TV VPN RISK-FREE
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30-day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for Global TV with no restrictions for a month—more than enough time to find out just how well it works.
There are no hidden terms—just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
Best VPNs to watch Global TV online from anywhere
Having so many different VPNs competing for your attention can be overwhelming for a new user. However, we find that the best VPNs are the ones that can adapt to many different situations. As a result, before including any service in our list of the best VPNs for Global TV, we made sure it met all of the criteria below:
- Consistently unlocks Global TV and similar services from abroad
- Offers reliable, high-speed connections
- Uses effectively uncrackable encryption and includes several other security features
- Has multi-platform support, with apps for all major operating systems
- Doesn’t log any information that could identify you
This is just a summary, but you can read more about how we test and rank our VPNs further on in this article. For now, let’s take a closer look at the VPNs that made our list.
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for watching Global TV from anywhere in the world:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN Is our top choice VPN for watching Global TV outside Canada. It has one of the largest networks of any major provider, with over 5,500 high-speed servers in 60 countries (and close to 500 in Canada alone). This service boasts an exceptional ability to access tricky platforms and geo-restricted sites. It enables you to not only watch Global TV but also platforms like Netflix US and Amazon Prime Video. Plus, with a six-connection limit, you’ll be able to stream both at home and on the go.
This service’s security features include 256-bit AES encryption, a customizable kill switch, and protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. Additionally, experienced users can take advantage of automatic ad-blocking, malware-scanning, and Tor over VPN functionality. NordVPN has a strict no-logs policy, so details of your activities can’t be revealed under any circumstances. If you need help, you can contact support 24/7 via live chat.
NordVPN offers Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV apps. Browser extensions are available for Chrome and Firefox. This service can also be manually installed on supported network routers.
- Easily accesses a wide range of geo-locked sites including Global TV
- Nearly 500 high-speed servers in Canada
- Specialty servers, including P2P and Double VPN
- Keeps no logs whatsoever
- Live chat and email support are available 24 hours a day
- Allows 6 simultaneous connections
- Desktop app can be awkward to use, needs updating
BEST VPN FOR GLOBAL TV:NordVPN is our top choice for watching Global TV abroad. Some 500 servers in Canada and fast speeds. Numerous security features and a no-logging policy. You can try it for yourself, risk-free, with the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark currently has 3,200+ servers in around 95 countries, Canada included. It works with some of the most popular streaming platforms abroad (Netflix, Global TV, and Hulu, among others). This VPN is fast enough for 1080p HD, and even 4K live streaming and has no connection limit, meaning you’ll be able to protect every device you own simultaneously.
This service boasts an array of security features, including 256-bit encryption, WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch, and an ad-blocker, as well as a malware scanner. Double VPN servers encrypt internet traffic twice for even greater security. Further, Surfshark doesn’t log any personally identifiable information. If you need assistance, you can reach support 24/7 over live chat.
Surfshark has apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Browser extensions can be downloaded for Chrome as well as Firefox. This VPN can be manually configured to work on network routers.
- Fast enough to stream live TV flawlessly
- Wide network of servers (now more than 3,200 globally)
- Connect as many devices as you like
- Takes privacy and security very seriously
- 24-hour support available via live chat and email
- Sometimes slow to switch to a different server
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark has a strong focus on security, a no-logs policy, and fast, reliable servers capable of unlocking Global TV from outside of Canada. With no connection limit, you can protect all of your devices. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN offers access to over 3,000 servers in 94+ countries, including Canada. It provides high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and excellent unblocking ability, so you’ll be able to stream Global TV from abroad with no noticeable lag or buffering. With up to five simultaneous connections permitted, ExpressVPN allows you to protect all of your most commonly used devices at once.
This VPN takes your security seriously. It includes 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch that stops all traffic whenever your connection drops suddenly. ExpressVPN logs no personally identifiable information, meaning your activities can’t be traced back to you. There is the option to pay with Bitcoin if you’d prefer, though. Customer support is on-hand 24/7 over live chat and email in case of any problems.
ExpressVPN provides apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV. Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browser extensions are also available. There’s even custom firmware to simplify the process of installing ExpressVPN on a home router.
- Optimized for high-speed connections
- Widespread network covering some 94 countries
- Unblocks most major streaming services
- High level of security thanks to encryption and kill switch
- Option to pay anonymously in Bitcoin
- One of the more expensive VPNs on the market
- Streaming servers are not labeled
HIGHLY RELIABLE:ExpressVPN is a fast and consistent service for watching Global TV abroad. It has strong security and privacy and unblocks a wide range of streaming services. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost is a beginner-friendly VPN with nearly 500 reliable Canadian servers. It’s able to unblock a wide range of streaming services, including Global TV abroad. Further, this service has consistently high speeds, so you won’t have to worry about buffering or lag. This service permits up to seven connections at once, so it’s perfect for those looking to protect all of their devices.
This VPN provides numerous security features, all of which are enabled by default. There’s 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and an always-on kill switch (in every version of the app), as well as automatic wifi protection, ad-blocking, and malware-scanning. CyberGhost doesn’t log any data that could identify you, so your privacy is guaranteed. Need help? Live chat-based support is available 24/7, just in case.
CyberGhost apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux devices. Apps can also be found for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV, while Chrome and browser extensions are available. It can be manually configured for use with wireless routers.
- Almost 500 high-speed Canadian servers
- Solid privacy and security features are enabled by default
- Allows you to watch Global TV and even Netflix US abroad
- Secure up to seven devices at the same time
- Beginner friendly apps
- Not suitable for those that need control of advanced features
- Doesn’t work reliably from China
COMPREHENSIVE SECURITY:CyberGhost is a high-speed VPN with almost 500 servers in Canada. It features beginner-friendly, pre-configured security and privacy settings, a seven-connection limit, and a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a smaller network than some other VPNs in this list (with around 200 servers in 60+ countries). However, it makes up for it with above-average speeds and exceptional unblocking abilities. PrivateVPN even lets you watch Netflix Canada, so accessing Global TV is no problem whatsoever. Plus, up to ten simultaneous connections are allowed, well over the industry average.
This VPN comes with a kill switch, 256-bit encryption, and protection against DNS leaks. You can sign up almost completely anonymously using Bitcoin and a disposable email address, but since PrivateVPN is a zero-logs provider, this step is optional. You can contact support via live chat up to 22 hours per day, and remote assistance is available if you’re really struggling.
PrivateVPN apps are offered for desktop (Windows and Mac) and mobile (Android and iOS) as well as Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. Manual installation is required for use with Linux systems or home routers.
- Faster than many other providers
- Gaining a reputation for reliably accessing popular streaming sites
- Zero-logs provider – helps you stay anonymous online
- Email support is much faster than most VPNs we’ve tested
- A smaller number of servers
- Live chat isn’t available 24 hours a day
FAST AND SECURE VPN:PrivateVPN is one of the fastest VPNs around, and with strong unblocking ability, it’s ideal for watching Global TV abroad. It boasts powerful security features and keeps no logs whatsoever. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Private Internet Access operates thousands of servers in dozens of countries, including Canada, making it easy for you to watch Global TV while traveling abroad. With respectable speeds, it allows for streaming content in high resolution without having to suffer performance issues. It’s also worth mentioning that with a single Private Internet Access account, you can connect up to 10 devices at the same time.
Another area in which PIA is particularly strong is security. Offering 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection from DNS leaks, it keeps your data secure. Just as important, it has a no-logs policy, ensuring you can stay anonymous online. The lightweight, highly-customizable apps make them easy to use, even for those who are trying a VPN for the first time.
You can use PIA via its apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Another option is a browser extension (available for Chrome and Firefox). However, manual setup is needed if you want to use it with your wifi router.
- Servers in dozens of countries, including Canada
- Use it on up to 10 devices at the same time
- Keeps you safe online by using the highest level of encryption
- Struggles to access some of the most popular streaming services
- Live chat support isn’t available 24 hours a day
SECURE 10 DEVICES:Private Internet Access is a reliable VPN with decent speeds and strong security. It lets you connect 10 devices simultaneously and has a no-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Private Internet Access review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN has a smaller network of approximately 750 servers, although these are located across 40+ locations, including Canada and the US. Furthermore, this VPN is particularly consistent when it comes to bypassing geographic restrictions. Aside from Global TV, it can be used to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more. Atlas VPN is also fast, averaging 247 Mbps in our speed tests.
Once signed up with Atlas VPN, you can connect as many of your devices as you like simultaneously. You’ll also have access to its live chat and email support, although you’re unlikely to encounter too many issues with the simple, intuitive apps. Upon connecting to a server, you’ll benefit from 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. There’s also a no-logs policy.
Atlas VPN apps are available to download for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. However, manual configuration is required to use Atlas VPN with Linux and compatible wireless routers.
- High-speed connections for streaming Global TV
- Connect as many devices as you like simultaneously
- Includes all of the essential security features to keep you safe
- Small network of just 750 servers
IDEAL FOR STREAMING:Atlas VPN combines fast servers with strong unlocking abilities making it highly suitable for streaming. Works with Global TV and Netflix. Unlimited devices per account. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
How to watch Global TV abroad with a VPN
With the right VPN, it’s perfectly easy to access geo-blocked platforms like Global TV from abroad. Just follow the steps below.
Here’s how to watch Global TV from anywhere (outside Canada) using a VPN:
- Start by signing up for one of the VPNs above. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Download the relevant version of the VPN app for your streaming device. The VPNs in this post all allow multiple simultaneous connections.
- Log in to the VPN app and connect to a server in Canada. Doing so ensures you’re assigned a Canadian IP address, which is what you need to access Global TV from abroad.
- Go to Global TV and sign in via your cable TV provider. Content should now play in your location without restriction.
- Still seeing error messages? Try clearing your cache and cookies, connecting to a different VPN server, and refreshing the page.
- If you’re still struggling, contact your VPN’s customer support for further guidance.
Finding the best VPNs for watching Global TV: our methodology
Below, you can find out a little more about our methodology, which helped us choose the best VPNs for Global TV. As part of our search, we did extensive hands-on testing and looked for VPNs that offer the following:
- Servers in Canada: To watch Global TV while traveling overseas, you need a Canadian IP address. You can get one by connecting to a VPN server in Canada. Note that all of the VPNs we’ve covered offer servers across dozens of countries. This means you can access a wide range of content with one VPN account.
- Speed: We had to discount many VPNs due to their excessively slow server speeds. Our comprehensive speed tests determine whether a VPN is fast enough for you to stream Global TV from abroad. All of the best VPNs for Global TV meet this standard and include unlimited bandwidth.
- Unblocking: Global TV is region-locked outside Canada, so you need a VPN that can bypass this restriction. Not only do the above VPNs work with Global TV, but they can also help you securely access online banking accounts, news sites, and other popular streaming platforms.
- Security: A quality VPN should provide encryption as well as protection from leaks. If you’re looking for even greater security, you can always choose a VPN such as NordVPN, which offers Double VPN servers. These servers encrypt data twice for an extra layer of protection.
- Privacy: One reason we advise against the use of some VPNs (particularly free VPNs) is that many keep logs that may be sold to third parties. We’ve looked at 140 VPN logging policies and only recommend VPNs that don’t keep identifying logs of their users.
- Ease of use: A VPN needn’t be complicated to use. Signup and setup should only take a few minutes, and you should be able to connect to a server in seconds. We’ve found apps that are beginner-friendly and have also sought out VPNs that offer customer support via live chat and email.
- Value for money: You’ll find that the best VPNs for Global TV offer a variety of subscription options and even come with money-back guarantees of at least 30 days (45 days in the case of CyberGhost). Furthermore, we’ve included discount coupons so you can get an even better deal.
Thanks to our VPN testing methodology, we can better determine which VPNs are suitable for streaming Global TV from outside Canada.
Best VPNs for Global TV: FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to watch Global TV outside Canada?
Although free VPNs can be tempting, we strongly advise against using them. For starters, they often have more users than their limited server networks can support. This leads to slow speeds and makes streaming extremely frustrating, with frequent buffering and stuttering video. Additionally, free VPNs tend to be blacklisted by popular streaming services. As a result, even if you manage to get a reasonably fast connection, you still might not be able to use Global TV abroad.
There’s also a chance that your free VPN makes you less secure, not more. A recent survey of over 280 free VPN apps found that almost 40% contained malware and over 80% leaked personal information over IPv6. Finally, 18% used no encryption whatsoever.
Using a reputable VPN with a clearly-worded, privacy-first logging policy is the best way to stay safe online.
What shows can I watch on Global TV?
Global TV offers a wide selection of content covering everything from reality TV to hit dramas. Below, you’ll find a few of the shows you can expect to see on Global TV:
On which devices can I watch Global TV?
Global TV is available on almost any device with a screen. You can stream Global TV on iOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV Devices, and Samsung Smart TVs
Can I subscribe to Global TV outside of Canada?
Global TV isn't available to viewers outside of Canada. If you try and sign up for or use the service abroad, you'll encounter an error due to geo-restrictions. To get around this, use a VPN with servers in Canada to continue watching from abroad.