Trying to watch 7plus in the UK, US, Canada or anywhere else outside of Australia? You may have already found that 7plus detects your online location and blocks access to their content library if you are not in Australia. This includes Australian residents trying to access their home services while traveling abroad. We explain how you can get around these geo-restrictions while traveling, with the help of a VPN.
VPNs encrypt your network traffic and route it through a server of your choosing. This prevents anyone from seeing your online activities but also lets you access geo-restricted content. For instance, connecting to an Australian server will let you watch 7plus, but if you try to watch from abroad without a VPN, you’ll see a message reading “We are experiencing a technical issue with 7plus. We are working to fix this issue. Please check back soon”.
Low on time to read the whole post? Here is our summary list of the best VPNs for watching 7plus anywhere.
Best VPNs for 7plus:
- NordVPN Our top choice! Operates over 200 high-speed servers in Australia and easily unblocks 9Now and other platforms. No-logs provider with an advanced suite of security features. Plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark Low-cost alternative. This service unblocks all kinds of streaming platforms, comes packed with security features, and lets you connect any number of devices at once.
- ExpressVPN Operates speedy servers in Australia that can unblock 7plus from just about anywhere in the world. Secure and easy to use.
- CyberGhost Easy-to-use apps are great for beginners. 76 servers in Australia are great for unblocking 7plus at good speeds.
- IPVanish Preferred by Android streaming box users with remote controls like Kodi for easy to use interface. Good streaming speeds.
- PrivateVPN Less servers than choices higher on the list, but good at unblocking at good speeds.
The best VPNs for 7plus
With a myriad of specialized VPN services to choose from, it can be difficult to find one that’s suitable. To find the best VPNs for watching 7plus from outside of Australia, we looked for services with the following qualities:
- Has multiple Australian servers
- Offers fast speeds and stable connections
- Capable of unblocking a wide range of services and channels including 7plus
- Uses strong encryption and additional security features
- Keeps minimal logs
Here is our list of the best VPNs for 7plus:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our first choice for a 7Plus VPN. It offers a staggering 190+ Australian servers, all of which are optimized for streaming. This VPN is the fastest we’ve tested and unblocks the most popular platforms including BBC iPlayer, Netflix, and Hulu, so Channel 7 won’t pose a challenge. As six simultaneous connections are allowed, you can watch from whichever device is most convenient.
This service uses 256-bit AES encryption coupled with DNS leak protection to keep your internet connection safe at all times. There are several security features for more advanced users too, including an adblocker, anti-malware monitoring, a highly customizable kill switch, and the ability to use double VPNs or Tor over VPN. There’s a strict no-logs policy in place, so no browsing or session data is stored.
NordVPN apps are available for MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Android. Linux-based systems and wireless routers are also supported but must be manually configured.
- Fantastic speeds
- Australian servers give access to Aussie content abroad
- Great option for torrenting and streaming
- Apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Linux and Android
- Top-notch security and privacy protection
- Can only select a location, not a specific server
BEST VPN FOR 7PLUS:NordVPN is our top pick. With blazing fast speeds and over 19 servers to chose from in Australia, this is a great all-rounder that unblocks most geo-restricted content. Great privacy and security credentials. 30-day money back guarantee making it risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark is a low-cost provider that offers access to more than 3,200 servers in 65 countries (Australia included). As such, it’s a solid choice for using not just 7plus, but also platforms like Stan, Netflix, or Hulu. Speeds vary slightly but are generally fast enough for high-quality streaming. What’s more, there are no bandwidth or connection limits, so you can use this VPN as much as you like.
This service uses 256-bit encryption, IPv6 and DNS leak protection, and an app-specific kill switch to keep your activities hidden from snoopers. It also blocks ads and malware automatically, and if you’re having trouble accessing a particular geo-blocked site, you can just turn on the NoBorders mode. Surfshark is a zero-logs provider, so your privacy is in good hands. Support is available, day or night, over live chat.
Surfshark comes with easy-to-use apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, and Linux devices. It can also be manually installed on select routers to secure a whole network.
- Speedy VPN with great unblocking potential
- Excellent security and encryption standards
- No connection limit
- Accepts cryptocurrency as payment
- Fewer servers than some of its rivals
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark a wallet-friendly alternative. It’s a fast, no-logs VPN that works great with 7plus and similar services. This service also boasts a 30-day money-back guarantee and some of the strongest security features around.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN enables users to stream high-definition content free from buffering or lagging. Further, this service can unblock not just The Seven Network, but also Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video so you’ll never be short of things to watch.
ExpressVPN uses 256-bit encryption and perfect forward secrecy to ensure your real online location is well-protected. It also protects against DNS leaks, and by using the optional kill switch, you can immediately stop any data transmission should your connection drop. You also have the option of split-tunneling should you need it. This service is ideal for privacy-focused users thanks to its no-logs policy, secondary Tor-accessible site and the ability to pay in bitcoin. 24/7 support is available via email or live chat.
This VPN has apps for Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Android. It can be manually installed on supported network routers.
- Great for accessing Australian content while abroad
- Leading security and privacy features turned on by default
- Fast enough to play HD video without buffering
- Apps for Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, and Linux
- Not the cheapest option here without a coupon
IDEAL FOR STREAMING:ExpressVPN operates fast and reliable servers in Australia. It unblocks 7plus along with most other major streaming services. It includes a suite of security and privacy features and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full review of ExpressVPN.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost attempts to simplify online security. Users can either choose one of its 76 Australian servers directly or have one assigned based on their intended activities. For instance, there are servers dedicated to torrenting safely, or unblocking streaming services like 7plus, Amazon Prime Video, and SKY GO.
CyberGhost uses 256-bit encryption and comes with a suite of security features. These include ad blocking and anti-malware functions, a kill switch, and forced HTTPS. You’re also protected from IPv6, port forwarding, and DNS leaks, so your activities are kept private at all times. CyberGhost does not keep any logs of your activities.
This service offers apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android. It can be manually installed on Linux devices and selected network routers.
- Operates over 76 servers in Australia, great for accessing local content while abroad
- Apps are easy to install and use – a good option for beginners
- Scored very highly in our speed testing
- Connect up to seven devices simultaneously
- Doesn’t unblock all major streaming sites
BEGINNERS' CHOICE:CyberGhost has a simple set up. A budget choice. Good on privacy. Streams 7plus in HD video reliably. Can struggle with unblocking some popular streaming sites. 45-day money back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish has become a popular choice for streaming thanks to its fast speeds and strong multi-platform support. With 61 Australian servers to choose from, you’ll have no issues accessing 7plus. While IPVanish can’t unblock Netflix, its US servers enable you to stream from platforms like HBO, and Comedy Central. With unlimited connections allowed at once, you can stream and browse safely on all your desktop and mobile devices.
Despite its lightweight clients, IPVanish offers a good range of security features. There’s 256-bit encryption, the option to block local traffic, OpenVPN traffic obfuscation, regular IP address changes, and a kill switch. Further, IPVanish has a no-logs policy so you can rest assured that your activities will remain private.
This provider has apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, and Amazon Fire Stick. Linux platforms and supported wireless routers require manual configuration.
- 1,300+ servers can unblock most popular streaming content
- Speeds are great for HD streaming on most servers
- Allow 10 simultaneous connections per account
- Look elsewhere if you need to use apps in China
LARGE SERVER NETWORK:IPVanish works with unlimited connected devices. Fast connections, lightweight easy to use apps, good multi-platform support. Reliable with 7plus but can’t unblock as many other streaming services as some of its rivals. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Although PrivateVPN has just one Australian server, it boasts above-average speeds and excellent unblocking capabilities. As a result, it’s a strong choice for people who like to stream content from services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, or Hulu. As six simultaneous connections are permitted, you can protect all of your household’s devices with a single account.
PrivateVPN protects against DNS and IPv6 leaks and uses 256-bit encryption combined with a kill switch to keep your traffic secure. 24/7 customer support is available via live chat, and if you’re having trouble, the staff can remotely install or configure the software for you.
PrivateVPN has dedicated apps for Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS devices. Manual installation is required for Linux and supported routers.
- Faster than many other providers
- Gaining a reputation for unblocking popular streaming sites
- Use up to six devices simultaneously
- Small number of servers to choose from
- Support staff only operate during European business hours
GREAT SPEED:PrivateVPN is a good family choice. Unblocks 7plus and generally good for browsing and torrenting. Allows up to 6 devices. Could do with more servers and lacks 24/7 support. 30-day money back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Can I use a free VPN to watch 7plus?
On the surface, free VPNs can be very tempting. However, we advise against using them, for several reasons. Streaming platforms have been trying to prevent VPN users from accessing their content for a while, so in all likelihood, a free VPN just won’t work. You should also consider that free services have more users and usually, fewer servers to spread the load. This results in slow speeds, stuttering video, and an overall poor viewing experience.
Remember that free VPNs are businesses and exist to make a profit. As they don’t charge users directly, they’ve had to find other ways to generate income. Their methods might include inserting ads into the sites you visit, selling records of your activities to third parties, or using tracking cookies to build an activity profile after you disconnect.
This isn’t just conjecture: we’ve seen cases recently where free VPN services have actively misled their users about the logs they keep, installed malware, and even sold their users’ bandwidth to be used in a botnet. To keep yourself and your personal information safe, we recommend using a well-established, reputable VPN service with a track record of protecting its customers’ privacy.
How to watch 7plus from abroad
Luckily setting up a VPN is a simple process. Follow our step-by-step guide below and you’ll have access to the 7plus app from wherever you are in the world.
Here’s how to watch 7plus outside Australia:
- Sign up for one of the VPN services above. We particularly recommend NordVPN for unblocking 7plus.
- Download the appropriate VPN app or browser extension for your device.
- Once downloaded select a server in Australia and click connect. This will route your internet traffic through an Australian server giving you an Australian IP address.
- Go to the 7plus website and the content library should now be unblocked!
- If you’re still having issues accessing the site try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies then reloading the page.
Why isn’t my VPN working with 7plus?
If you’ve connected to one of your VPN’s Australian servers and still can’t watch 7plus, there are a few possible causes. It’s important to know that streaming services have stepped up their efforts to block VPN users in recent years, and as a result, you might find some platforms inaccessible from time to time.
VPN providers are constantly trying to stay one step ahead, however. As VPN blocking is usually done by blacklisting IP address ranges, it can often be circumvented by connecting to a different server or getting a new local IP address.
If you’re still unable to watch 7plus or any other local websites, try contacting your VPN’s support team. Sometimes, only specific servers can bypass a service’s geo-restriction, and the staff will be happy to tell you which to use.
Watching 7plus abroad FAQ
Why do you need a VPN to stream 7Plus outside Australia?
7Plus is far from the only streaming service that uses geographic restriction to determine who’s allowed to watch. In fact, this is considered standard practice for most mid-to-large scale services. Why is this the case, though?
In order to broadcast a show or movie, streaming platforms first need the rights to do so. However, since global broadcasting rights are incredibly expensive, they usually only purchase the rights to show the content in one particular region. For 7Plus, this is Australia. Since 7Plus would be breaching its licensing agreement if it let anyone outside of Australia watch, it has to implement region-locking measures. This is why you see an error if you try to use 7Plus abroad.
What devices support 7Plus?
The good news is that 7Plus can be used on just about any device with internet access. This includes Android and iOS phones, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, PlayStation 4 consoles, and a wide range of Smart TVs. Of course, you can also access the service via your computer’s web browser.
Can I watch 7Plus abroad on a smart TV?
The 7Plus website has quite an in-depth list of supported devices. Among these, it specifically mentions that its app works with Android TV, Samsung TVs, Sony Linux TVs, and LG TVs made from 2016 onward.
Even if your smart TV only has access to a limited selection of apps, you may still be able to access 7Plus using the built-in web browser. Failing this, you can always connect a Fire Stick, Chromecast, or other streaming box to your TV and watch this way, since it’s trivially simple to install 7Plus on these devices.
What can I watch on 7plus?
7plus might not be well known outside of Australia, but it has a strong selection of recognizable content on offer. Below, we’ve listed some of The Seven Network’s most popular shows:
- Grey’s Anatomy
- How I Met Your Mother
- Hell’s Kitchen
- The Good Doctor
- The Windsors
- Home and Away
- The best VPNs for 7plus
- 1. NordVPN
- 2. Surfshark
- 3. ExpressVPN
- 4. CyberGhost
- 5. IPVanish
- 6. PrivateVPN
- Can I use a free VPN to watch 7plus?
- How to watch 7plus from abroad
- Why isn’t my VPN working with 7plus?
- Watching 7plus abroad FAQ
- Why do you need a VPN to stream 7Plus outside Australia?
- What devices support 7Plus?
- Can I watch 7Plus abroad on a smart TV?
- What can I watch on 7plus?