If you’re trying to watch 10 Play (Channel 10) abroad, you’ll find the content to be blocked. Unfortunately, the platform’s content is geo-restricted and unavailable outside Australia. However, there is some good news: by connecting to a VPN, you can gain an Australian IP address, bypass 10 Play’s geo-restrictions, and regain access to your favorite shows from home while abroad.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service that encrypts your traffic and runs it through a server in a location of your choosing. This allows you to browse the web safely without worrying about who might be watching. And by connecting to a server in Australia, you spoof your location, making your home sites and streaming services think you’re still in Oz.
In this article, we’ll explain how to use a VPN to access 10 Play from anywhere in the world and the best VPNs for the job. You can read detailed reviews of each of the providers we recommend below, but in case you don’t have time to read the full article, here’s a quick summary.
The best VPNs for watching 10 Play from anywhere:
- NordVPN: The best VPN for watching 10 Play abroad. Almost 200 servers in Australia. Specialty P2P and Double VPN servers. Operates a strict no-logs policy to protect your privacy. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: Best value VPN. Unlimited simultaneous connections. Servers in five cities in Australia for streaming 10 Play. Double VPN servers.
- ExpressVPN: Fast servers in four Australian cities. Also works with Netflix and Stan. Includes 24/7 support and is highly secure with encryption.
- CyberGhost: High-speed service for streaming 10 Play. Over 200 servers in Australia. Seven simultaneous connections. Strong security with a no-logs policy.
- IPVanish: Unlimited simultaneous connections per account. Servers in five Australian cities. Good, consistent speeds for watching 10 Play abroad.
- PrivateVPN: Strong unblocking and works with 10 Play and Stan. Easy-to-use apps and very fast, consistent speeds. Encryption and a no-logs policy.
- Atlas VPN: Unlimited device limit and multi-hop servers. Unblocks 10 Play and a vast number of other streaming services.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK-FREE?
NordVPN is offering a fully-featured risk-free 30 day trial if you sign up at this page. You can use the VPN rated #1 for 10 Play (Channel 10) with no restrictions for a month - perfect for short trips abroad.
There are no hidden terms - just contact support within 30 days if you decide NordVPN isn't right for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
How to watch 10 Play (Channel 10) abroad with a VPN
Using a VPN to access 10 Play outside of Australia is simpler than you might think. Just follow the five simple steps below, and you’ll be streaming your favorite content in no time.
Here’s how to stream 10 Play outside of Australia:
- Sign up with a VPN that offers servers in Australia. We particularly recommend NordVPN.
- Next, download and install the VPN app, making sure it’s the correct version for your device (the device on which you plan to watch 10 Play).
- Open the VPN app and connect to a server in Australia, this will give you the Australian IP address, you need to watch 10 Play abroad.
- Go to 10 Play and sign in (or sign up for an account if you don’t have one already). All of its content should now be unblocked.
- Still can’t watch 10 Play? Try clearing your browser’s cookies before reloading the page. Alternatively, connect to another Australian server or contact your VPN’s customer support for more advice.
Best VPNs for 10 Play: at a glance
We’ve compared the most important features of the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for 10 Play.
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||Cyberghost.com||IPVanish.com||PrivateVPN.com||10 Play reliability||1||2||3||4||5||6||Streaming reliability||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent||Good||Good||Good||Streaming services||10 Play|
|Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android, Smart TVs Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||39 Mbps|
|Best deal (per month)||$3.19|
SAVE 61% + 3 months FREE
Get 2 Months FREE with a 2-year plan
SAVE: 49% on the annual plan
SAVE up to 84% on the 2 year plan + 3 months free
SAVE 74% on the 2 year plan
SAVE 85% on the three year plan
Best VPNs for watching 10 Play abroad
There are a huge number of VPN providers on the market but not all of them provide the service you need. In order to narrow the options down, we’ve recommended VPN services that meet the following requirements at a minimum:
- Servers in Australia that unblock 10 Play abroad
- Fast, consistent connections for lag-free streaming
- Strong security with encryption and a kill switch
- Privacy protection via a strict no-logs policy
- Beginner-friendly apps for desktop and mobile platforms
- Customer support available 24/7 via live chat
You can read more about our VPN testing methodology further in this article but for now let’s take a closer look at the ones we recommend.
Here’s our list of the best VPNs for watching 10 Play abroad:
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
NordVPN is our top choice VPN for Unblocking 10 Play (Channel 10) from anywhere. It has one of the largest server networks, with more than 5,500 servers worldwide. Unblocking 10 Play abroad is easy as this VPN offers approximately 200 servers in Australia. If you’re looking for servers for file-sharing as well as streaming, you’ll be pleased to know that many of NordVPN’s Australian servers are optimized for P2P-related activities. It also has a strong track record with accessing Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
This service allows you to secure as many as six devices simultaneously. While its apps are well-organized and easy to use, support is available via 24/7 live chat. NordVPN takes your privacy seriously, offering plenty of security features that keep you safe online. These include 256-bit AES encryption, protection from DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch. It operates a strict no-logs policy and even offers Double VPN servers for an extra layer of online security.
A NordVPN subscription offers access to apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. You also have the option of using Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. If you want to use NordVPN with your wifi router, you’ll need to set this up manually.
- Almost 200 servers in Australia for unblocking 10 Play
- High-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth
- Very good at unblocking — also works with Stan
- Connect up to six devices simultaneously
- Includes 24/7 live chat support
- No-logs policy protects your privacy
- Occasional slower server
BEST VPN FOR 10 PLAY:NordVPN is our top recommendation with 200 servers in Australia for unblocking 10 Play. Includes 24/7 support and Double VPN servers. Strict no-logs policy. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free.
Read our full NordVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Surfshark offers you plenty of choices when it comes to unblocking 10 Play outside Australia. This is thanks to its servers in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney. As the fastest VPN we’ve tested, it allows for streaming in 1080p HD and even 4K. It also offers lots of servers across the US, in case you’re interested in watching Netflix, HBO, or Hulu. However, where Surfshark stands out is that it allows unlimited simultaneous connections per account.
Another reason to consider Surfshark is its strong security. Of course, there’s 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection. Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, this VPN isn’t subject to mandatory data retention laws. Regardless, it has a strict no-logs policy. Further security features available to you include Double VPN servers and a CleanWeb feature which blocks ads, trackers, and malware.
To use Surfshark, simply download one of its apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are also offered. This VPN must be manually installed on supported routers.
- Servers across five Australian cities for watching 10 Play abroad
- Also lets you stream Netflix, Stan, and Amazon Prime Video
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- Double VPN servers for an extra layer of online security
- Live chat and email support 24 hours a day
- Switching servers can be slow
BEST BUDGET VPN:Surfshark works with many popular streaming services. This includes 10 Play, Stan, and Netflix. Unlimited simultaneous connections and 24/7 support. No-logs VPN with Double VPN servers. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Surfshark review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
ExpressVPN offers a network of more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries around the world. This includes servers in the Australian cities of Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney for watching 10 Play abroad. Fast, reliable speeds and unlimited bandwidth make this VPN a safe choice for streaming. Indeed, ExpressVPN also lets you access Stan as well as popular US streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
The beginner-friendly apps and 24/7 live chat support provided by ExpressVPN means it’s highly suitable for beginners. It’s also worth knowing that you can use it to secure up to five devices at once. Security-wise, ExpressVPN stands out thanks to its use of 256-bit AES encryption, as well as DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection and a kill switch. ExpressVPN protects your online privacy as it doesn’t keep personally identifiable logs.
You can download ExpressVPN apps for the following: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Custom router firmware is also available, as are browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including Australia
- Works with 10 Play, Stan, Netflix, and more
- Very fast and reliable speeds for streaming and torrenting
- Includes live chat support, which is available 24/7
- Very strong security thanks to its use of high-end encryption
- One of the more expensive VPNs on the market
- Streaming servers aren’t labeled
RELIABLE UNBLOCKING:ExpressVPN is a strong choice. A fast and reliable service with strong unblocking ability. Also works with Stan. User-friendly apps and 24/7 live chat support. Strong all-round security. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full ExpressVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 45 DAYS
CyberGhost works well with 10 Play because its high-speed servers mean you can stream free from lag and buffering. Overall, its network consists of approximately 9,000 servers in 90 countries. Some 200+ of these servers are located in the Australian cities of Melbourne and Sydney. You’ll also be able to use this VPN to watch Netflix US abroad. CyberGhost lets its users secure up to seven devices simultaneously per account.
Just as impressive as CyberGhost’s speed is its overall security. It operates a strict no-logs policy and states that it has no idea what its users are doing online. This VPN uses 256-bit AES encryption to protect you from snoopers and data theft. This is combined with DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and a built-in malware scanner, making CyberGhost a highly secure option to consider. Should you have any questions, you can always make use of the 24/7 live chat and email support.
Watch 10 Play abroad via CyberGhost’s apps for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), mobile (Android and iOS), as well as Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. Browser extensions are also available for Chrome and Firefox. Use with routers requires manual configuration.
- Over 200 servers in Australia and 9,000 worldwide in 90 countries
- Fast speeds for lag-free streaming of 10 Play and Netflix US
- Allows up to seven simultaneous connections per account
- Operates a strict no-logs policy
- Live chat support available 24/7
- Doesn’t work well in China or UAE
- No local networking
EXCELLENT SECURITY:CyberGhost has high-speed servers for streaming 10 Play lag-free. Also works with Netflix US. Connect up to seven devices simultaneously. Keeps you safe online with high-end encryption and a strict no-logs policy. 45-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full CyberGhost review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
IPVanish is a particularly suitable option if you have many devices to secure. Allowing unlimited simultaneous connections, it has servers in five Australian cities (Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney) and dozens of countries around the world. With unlimited bandwidth and no throttling, you’re unlikely to encounter performance issues when streaming 10 Play. It’s also important to note that IPVanish works well with Stan, among other services.
Connecting to an IPVanish server is quick and easy thanks to the user-friendly apps. This VPN service has a strict no-logs policy, stating that it doesn’t collect any activity or connection logs. You can use IPVanish to browse the web anonymously, thanks to its strong collection of security features. These include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch feature, and DNS leak protection. Users can also scramble their data, making it harder for services to tell that they’re using a VPN in the first place.
Connect to a server in Australia via IPVanish apps for Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV. Manual setup is required if you plan to use IPVanish on Linux systems or routers.
- Servers in five cities in Australia for watching 10 Play
- Also unblocks streaming services such as Stan
- Lets you secure as many devices as you want at once
- Operates a zero-logs policy
- Headquartered in the US — a member of Five Eyes
- No option to pay in cryptocurrency
UNLIMITED DEVICES:IPVanish has fast, reliable servers in Australia for watching 10 Play abroad. Lets you secure all of your devices simultaneously. Easy-to-use apps and 24/7 support. Security includes encryption and a zero-logs policy. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full IPVanish review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
PrivateVPN has a small but growing server network. This consists of roughly 200 servers, including servers in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney, Australia. The main advantage of using this VPN is its speed. You’ll be able to stream 10 Play without interruption and download content without delay. It’s also very good at accessing geo-restricted content, be it a streaming service like Netflix or social media platforms such as Facebook.
The live chat support offered by PrivateVPN lets you speak with the developers directly (as opposed to a third-party support rep). However, the apps are very self-explanatory and make connecting to a server quick and easy. Once connected, your data is secured with 256-bit AES encryption and protected from DNS leaks. Aside from a kill switch, there’s also a strict no-logs policy ensuring your personal information stays private.
PrivateVPN offers apps for the following operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. While you can use this VPN with select routers, you’ll need to follow manual setup instructions.
- Very fast connections for uninterrupted streaming
- Works with 10 Play, Netflix, Stan, and more
- Uses encryption and a no-logs policy to protect your privacy
- Small network of approximately 200 servers
- Live chat support isn’t available 24/7
LAG-FREE STREAMING:PrivateVPN is fast and ideal for streaming 10 Play, Netflix, and more. Beginner-friendly desktop and mobile apps and live chat support. Can be used on six devices simultaneously. Secures your data with encryption. 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full PrivateVPN review.
Money-back guarantee: 30 DAYS
Atlas VPN has servers in Australia optimized for streaming HD video content, letting you stream your favorite media on 10 Play from anywhere worldwide. You’ll enjoy unlimited simultaneous device connections with Atlas VPN, allowing your entire household to benefit from the privacy and protection of a VPN. Atlas VPN produced average download speeds of 247 Mbps in our lab testing. Combine this with its WireGuard support for Australian servers, and you can be sure of a fast and reliable streaming experience on platforms like Prime Video and Hulu.
Ad, tracker, and malware-blocking tools help stop your activities from being followed across the web and prevent annoying pop-ups from showing in your browser. Other useful security features protect your connection from hackers, including DNS leak protection, 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and multi-hop servers that encrypt your connection at two different levels.
Users of its premium version get access to 24/7 live chat support, and apps are available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. At the time of writing, Atlas VPN doesn’t have a browser extension offering.
One of the main concerns with Atlas VPN is its cancellation policy. While it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee, the only way to cancel is via email – which isn’t ideal if you’re nearing the end of your refund period and time is of the essence.
- Full P2P support
- Performs well with most streaming services
- No connection limit
- Small server infrastructure versus other providers
- Canceling could be much easier
EXCELLENT UNBLOCKING: like 10 Play Netflix with ease. It includes unlimited simultaneous device connections that provide fast and reliable connectivity. An ad blocker is included, and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Read our full Atlas VPN review.
Methodology: How we found the best VPNs for 10 Play
One of the main reasons for wanting a VPN is so that connect to your home streaming services while traveling abroad, But that’s not the only thing to consider when choosing your provider. There are other concerns to consider, such as streaming speeds, additional features, and security. Our scientific testing methodology takes all of this into account, as you can see below:
- Servers in Australia: 10 Play is only available to stream in Australia. So, if you want to watch it while traveling abroad, you need access to servers in Australia so you can get an Australian IP address.
- Speed: Streaming content requires fast server speeds if you want to watch in high resolution without having to worry about lag or buffering. We’ve found the fastest VPNs, which include unlimited bandwidth.
- Unblocking: Not all VPNs are able to unblock 10 Play. In order to find those that work with the streaming service, we’ve tested them for ourselves (we’ve also tested them with other popular platforms such as Stan).
- Security: Browsing and streaming while traveling abroad comes with increased risk if you’re connecting to public wifi hotspots. The best VPNs encrypt your data and protect you from leaks.
- Privacy: Having looked at over 140 VPN logging policies, we know which VPNs protect your privacy and which don’t. Unlike some VPNs, those listed in this post won’t log and sell your browsing data!
- Ease of use: You may find some VPNs overcomplicate things, but that certainly isn’t the case here. Expect beginner-friendly apps for quick and easy connecting to servers. Live chat and email support are also available.
- Value for money: We look for VPNs that offer all of the above while remaining affordable. In fact, we provide discount coupons for all of the VPNs we recommend so you can save even more.
We look for all of the above in a VPN as part of our VPN testing methodology. This involves the analysis of each VPN by testing it out for ourselves.
Watching 10 Play abroad with a free VPN
While it’s tempting to opt for a free provider over a paid option, we wouldn’t recommend it. Many free VPNs are simply poor at unblocking geo-restricted content, such as that of 10 Play. The same can be said for streaming services such as Netflix, Stan, and ABC iview. What’s worse, free VPNs usually attract a lot of users to a few servers. This means a heavy server load and slower speeds as a result. As such, you may encounter a lot of lag and buffering when using a free VPN.
Also, when it comes to issues of security, free VPNs are best avoided. High-quality VPNs encrypt your data and don’t keep logs by which you can be identified. Unfortunately, most free VPNs simply don’t offer sufficient online protection and may even log and sell your personal data. If you want to be able to browse the web with your identity intact, you’re best off with a quality paid VPN rather than a free service.
VPNs for 10 Play: FAQs
Why is 10 Play unavailable outside Australia?
As is the case with most TV broadcasters around the world, Australia’s 10 Play uses regional restrictions (geo-blocking) to prevent people outside of the country from watching its content. The broadcaster does this to comply with the licensing agreements it has entered with content publishers and copyright holders.
When you visit the 10 Play website, it can detect your IP address. If that address is outside of the licensed region, it serves you an error message. With a VPN, anybody outside of Australia on vacation can get an IP address down under. As a result, you can watch 10 Play and any other Australian TV streams abroad.
What can I watch on 10 Play?
You can watch a variety of live and on-demand content on 10 Play. This is predominantly made up of TV shows as well as news coverage and sporting events. Here are a few examples of some of the TV shows available:
- Dancing with the Stars
- The Twilight Zone
- Bondi Rescue
- Nancy Drew
How does the 10 Play streaming platform know where I am?
Like many streaming services, 10 Play looks at your IP address in order to identify your location. However, using a VPN means you can change your IP address and spoof your location. This tricks 10 Play into thinking you’re located in Australia, even if you’re traveling abroad. The geo-restricted content is then unblocked as a result!
Will using a VPN affect my streaming quality?
Not necessarily! While the encrypting of your internet traffic can slow speeds to an extent, some VPNs are much faster than others while the best offer unlimited bandwidth — perfect for streaming. Remember, the closer a server to your physical location, the faster it is likely to be. With the VPNs listed in this post, you should be able to stream in HD (and in some cases, 4K) without lag or buffering.
Is it legal to watch 10 Play abroad?
It’s entirely legal to watch 10Play abroad as VPNs are legal in most countries. It may go against the streaming provider’s terms of service, however, you are unlikely to get in trouble for doing so. Most likely you’ll just come across an error message if the site detects you are using a VPN.
That being said, it’s always worth checking the rules in your location before going ahead.
Can I watch 10 play on my smart TV or gaming console?
The good news is that you can watch 10 Play on your Smart TV as well as your gaming console. In particular, it provides apps for Android TV as well as Apple TV. There’s even an app for Xbox (compatible with Xbox One, Xbox Series Series X, and Xbox Series S). Of course, you’ll need to be signed into Australian app stores in order to find the 10 Play app. This requires you to first connect to a VPN server in Australia and get an Australian IP address.
What else can I do with a VPN?
As we’ve already established, a VPN is a great way to access your usual websites and services from home while traveling abroad. This includes 10 Play, Foxtel Go, and Stan. However, a VPN also provides numerous other benefits that are well worth knowing about.
In particular, a VPN keeps you safe online by encrypting your data, preventing hackers and snoopers from reading it. This encryption, in conjunction with a no-logs policy, helps protect your privacy and allows you to essentially browse the internet anonymously. This is particularly useful if you’re traveling abroad and are reliant on public wifi networks. The ability to spoof your location by connecting to a server in your home country is also handy for accessing your online banking from abroad without raising any red flags with your bank.